Aluminum Boat flooring ideas

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Welby
Site Sponsor

Aluminum Boat flooring ideas

Post by Welby »

I have a 16' Aluminum boat that I am considering putting something on the fishing deck area for comfort and noise reduction. Something like Seadek, or a non-skid coating. Wondering who has had experience with such products and your thoughts. This would be a "do it yourself" project if I decide to move forward.
Not counting out Seadek, just looking for ideas...........
Chill-N-Grill
Site Sponsor

Re: Aluminum Boat flooring ideas

Post by Chill-N-Grill »

You can buy exercise mats at walmart that hook together and can be cut to size.
Rubber for exersise bikes or garage floors
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

Chill-N-Grill wrote:You can buy exercise mats at walmart that hook together and can be cut to size.
Rubber for exersise bikes or garage floors
That's a very good idea!
Team Jolly Mon
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

My buddy got a 14' jonny less than a year ago. He couldn't find marine plywood so he used regular plywood. Used deck stain and a lacquer. With the ss screws and bolts, 11/2 sheets of plywood and a 2x4, he has $25 in it. If it warps after 2 yrs then he will replace it. I don't have pics of the boat but you can see the little front deck that he built.

Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Chill-N-Grill
Site Sponsor

Post by Chill-N-Grill »

Welby
Site Sponsor

Post by Welby »

Good ideas !!! keep'um comin
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

I have heard of folks using "LineX " or "Rhino Lining" spray on truck bed liner. It is supposed to help with noise reduction and leak protection. Just a thought.
Barhopr
Site Sponsor

Post by Barhopr »

Go ahead and get the seadek. It's been on my boat for 6 years and still going strong. My polling platform has it too and is never covered, always exposed to the elements, and it too is holding strong and has stayed soft for 6 years. A little extra on the front end but it will outlast, stay softer and weight less than anything else out there.
VIVA la BT

Image_______________Image
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Metal Fabrication and Sales, on Weems Road in Tallahassee, is now a full-line Seadeck dealer. They also do custom work like casting platforms and the bed extender they just built for me. Good folks, reasonable prices.
RiverRunner

Post by RiverRunner »

silverking wrote:Metal Fabrication and Sales, on Weems Road in Tallahassee, is now a full-line Seadeck dealer. They also do custom work like casting platforms and the bed extender they just built for me. Good folks, reasonable prices.
That's who I was contact to see if they could "copy" the rails on the boat I'm straightening. I've heard good things about them.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

They're all "fish heads" too, so they have some good ideas about what works and what doesn't.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

From what I've seen, DON'T put spray in bedliner in a boat. I bought an old proline that had been sprayed. Had to grind all of that nasty looking stuff out.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
MIAcanes44

Post by MIAcanes44 »

I bought an aluminum boat with rhino lining in it. I personally loved it. You could walk bare foot all day long because it would never get hot or slippery. You could drop the anchor on the deck and never worry about denting or scratching. It does help with noise reduction. Yes it does stain a little, just like any other boat, but nothing that a little bleach wouldn't knock out.
When you catch so many, you just stop counting.
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

I just ordered a seadek sample is morning, you can go to the website and order a sample for 4 bucks, I'm looking to replace the carpet in my boat and thinking about something diff, easier on my feet and that doesn't get so dang hot
Welby
Site Sponsor

Post by Welby »

Thanks for all the input. I am going to contact Metal Fab and see what kind of price we might be looking at for the Seadek. At that point I'll decide whether or not other options might still be considered. Thanks again !