Wakulla named Academically High Performing district

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

wevans
Site Sponsor

Wakulla named Academically High Performing district

Post by wevans »

By BETH O’DONNELL
Assistant Superintendent
On top of being named an “A” school district, Wakulla County School District has been designated an “Academically High Performing District” for the fifth consecutive year. Wakulla is one of only 19 school districts to earn this recognition, and one of only six districts that has maintained it for five or more consecutive years. :thumbup: :thumbup:
More than FCAT scores are taken into consideration to be designated as “Academically High Performing”, a school district must meet the following requirements:
1. Earn a grade of “A” for at least two consecutive years and have no district-operated school that earned a grade of “F.”
2. Comply with the class size requirements.
3. Have no material weaknesses or instances of material noncompliance noted in the school district’s annual financial audit.
“This honor not only recognizes the high expectations we have for educating our students, it also recognizes the importance of being fiscally responsible with the taxpayers’ money,” said Superintendent David Miller. “It is the collaborative effort of students, teachers, parents, and administrators giving their best every day that keeps this school district high performing. We are truly a community that values our children’s education.”
In 2007, the Legislature created the “Academically High Performing District” designation to recognize school districts that were consistently doing an outstanding job educating their students.
salute3 salute3
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Ty one on

Re: Wakulla named Academically High Performing district

Post by Ty one on »

The Wakulla School system is a great one. I don't always agree with the amount of homework, but it does payoff.

Last year the entire 3rd grade class all past the FCAT at Riversink. :thumbup:
If we were all crazy, Wouldn't that make us all normal.
Reel Addiction
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Addiction »

Hats off to the teachers that drive those results!!!
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Just wait till high school Ty :-D my girl had 12 book reports to do and learn every country, where they are located as well as the oceans and rivers around the world :o all during Summer break :o :o she averages about 2 hours of homework a day during regular school :smt004 :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
J Holden

Post by J Holden »

I don't know why but when I first scanned over the title I read it as "Wakulla accidentally named high performing district" :-D
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

That must be why I'm so dang smart! Wakulla High Senior class of 1970. (GO REBELS!)
salute2
Semper Fi
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

CONGRATULATIONS.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO