Paw Print Identification ??

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hard Knox
Site Sponsor

Re: Paw Print Identification ??

Post by Hard Knox »

Looking at the coloration and the distinct markings... $1 bill no doubt.
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Put another cat out there with a trail cam pointed at it:)
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
Skeeter-Bite
Site Sponsor

Post by Skeeter-Bite »

Looks like a domestic dog track....with all the additional info ( no trauma) it is unlikely to have been a coyote (didn't eat it) or even a panther(Claws visible in print). That's my bet!!!!
TallyFish

Post by TallyFish »

Hard Knox.......Best response!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
micci_man

Post by micci_man »

LOL y'all don't know what a dog track lools like?!?!?! Not a yote, way to big of a track even for a big yote.
Don't major in the minor stuff in life
Sea Dawg
Site Sponsor

Post by Sea Dawg »

Giant Swamp Rat
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

Restudied the whole situation, and since you aren't from west Florida, not likely one of those cajun rougarous... since not from south Florida / absent the significant hispanic influence, probably not a chupacabra.

Since near Gainesville, I'm convinced I've finally nailed it. SWAMP APE. Got to be!

If you can catch it on film might look something like these two... pretty darn common down Gainesville way. Luckily, we're blessed to not be plagued with them up here in God's Country / Tallahassee. :thumbup: :beer:

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
JIm Smith
Site Sponsor

Post by JIm Smith »

When your the best(gators) everyone has to make fun. these two were imported form a girls school in northwest fl.
HewesMan

Post by HewesMan »

At least the Gators don't have two dudes that purposely paint them selves in GLITTER for football games.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Really BBG? Are you just trying to stir the pot? You dont want us to start in on your Furman Palladins do you?
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
big bend gyrene

Salty Gator wrote:Really BBG? Are you just trying to stir the pot?
Guilty as charged! :-D :lol:
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

big bend gyrene wrote:
Salty Gator wrote:Really BBG? Are you just trying to stir the pot?
Guilty as charged! :-D :lol:
Where do you find all of the pics of the trashy gators? I think I remember you posting another pic with jorted out gators. Maybe I misremember.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
big bend gyrene

Think someone else posted that one, but I could be misrembering myself! :smt102 As for finding this one, honest injuns just typed in "university of florida redneck". Promise that's the truth! :smt045 :lol:
big bend gyrene

And I was trying to play relatively nice, as this showed up in the google results too and I opted to share the picture instead. ;-) :smt005

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VK7O4i0smw[/video]
charlie tuna

Post by charlie tuna »

fishinfool wrote:I don't think it is canine. Canines have exposed nails, Felines have retractable claws. Given that the animal was tracking through potting soil I would think there would be nail marks if it were canine.
My best guess from the photos, Feline and probably Florida Panther. They notoriously hate lesser cats for some reason.
Took a couple of pictures of the prints/and or scratches that were left on the concrete slab: