Silly Question, But Thought I Would Ask

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Scoop Sea
Site Sponsor

Silly Question, But Thought I Would Ask

Post by Scoop Sea »

Two of my buddies were scalloping a little over two weeks ago and they didn't have an anchor. In turn, the two Einsteins they are, decided they would put two of their flounder gigs in the ground and tie the boat off, so it wouldn't drift. Needless to say, this didn't work and they ended up losing both gigs. They told me about this yesterday and I told them I would post it on the forum to see if anybody came acros the gigs. They were scalloping out near the rocks off of St. Marks. I know it's a longshot, but I also know this group and know that if a forum member found them, they wouldn't hesitate to give em back to the rightful (but not necessarily the brightest :D ) owners. In advance, thanks.
"Be Careful Not To Confuse Motion With Progress."
tallykenjsbetterhalf
Site Sponsor

Re: Silly Question, But Thought I Would Ask

Post by tallykenjsbetterhalf »

We were over in that area today and didn't see them. We did see some folks in a rented Shields Pontoon run through some rocks. Ouch! We were quite a ways away and it made a big sound. Don't think they ripped the bottom unit off though.
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

Will need gps coordinates of left behind gigs
Stay Thirsty My Friends
Scoop Sea
Site Sponsor

Post by Scoop Sea »

Losing gigs verses hitting rocks in a rental boat.................I'm thinking the loss of the gigs for my friends isn't too bad.
"Be Careful Not To Confuse Motion With Progress."
konrad

Post by konrad »

No giggs but I did pull up an additional anchor this weekend along with about 100' of rope. I left it at the fort landing since I didn't need another one. It didn't look like it had been down very long. it was on a bardge in 30 feet of water.
mbweimar

Post by mbweimar »

i lost my scallop bag the week before last. if found, you can keep the 3 scallops that were still inside :lol: