Fishing Bridge by St. George Island status?

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

DEADLYMNM7
Site Sponsor

Fishing Bridge by St. George Island status?

Post by DEADLYMNM7 »

I heard that the old fishing bridge (Bryant Patton) before going to the bridge to St. George Island is damaged due to tropical Storm Debby.
Is this true?
I was planning to go there with family this weekend to fish.
The kids would be disappointed (as well as myself) if we cannot fish there.
What about the old bridge on St. George Island?
Is fishing good now or should I cancel our trip?
Thanks for any information given.
CaptReelThyme

Re: Fishing Bridge by St. George Island status?

Post by CaptReelThyme »

Not sure bout all of that... There is a man named Cletus, that works in the back of SGO in the fishing area... Ask him for advice. He has alway put me on fish, especially from the surf. Good times.
bman

Post by bman »

The 2nd or third section from the Island side was hit by a barge during the storm.

All the reports here have been that the fishing is good but Ive not been able to get out yet.
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
jlattay00

Post by jlattay00 »

Does anyone know what or when they are going to do something with the missing section of the bridge??? Looks to me like they could make a catwalk so that the bridge could still be used but I don't know.
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

That is a pretty good distance. More so that the photo seems. I doubt it will be reconnected. I assume they will just demolish the section that got orphaned by the cut.

Now if this had been N'awlins, Obama wudda had FEMA there putting up a temporary walkway, and handing out free fishing rods and bait the very next day!

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
mbweimar

Post by mbweimar »

Dubble Trubble wrote:That is a pretty good distance. More so that the photo seems. I doubt it will be reconnected. I assume they will just demolish the section that got orphaned by the cut.

Now if this had been N'awlins, Obama wudda had FEMA there putting up a temporary walkway, and handing out free fishing rods and bait the very next day!

:lol:
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

Capt Ron wrote:The county is trying to get the Progress Energy subcontractor to repair the bridge, otherwise the county will fix it and sue the sub and possibly PE. The Eastpoint side is still intact.
Personally, I do not think they will have a chance in H3LL of winning. It will be considered a "natural disaster".

The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
Seachaser

Post by Seachaser »

Anyone know where the rubble went? It could be a hazard or fishing hot spot.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Dubble Trubble wrote:Now if this had been N'awlins, Obama wudda had FEMA there putting up a temporary walkway, and handing out free fishing rods and bait the very next day!

True dis! :smt005 :smt005 I just wanna know why he wasn't at SGO handin' out EBT disaster cards when this disaster struck. Oh thats right, he was playing golf. He is da nations playa in chief! :smt005
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Sea Dawg
Site Sponsor

Post by Sea Dawg »

Well Its just like when a storm hits around the Econfina river communty there not one that live there or come passed the turn off that bama thinks that qualfies for handouts but all i want is him to leave me along and what i have alone salute3