Spring Warrior

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

kneeknocker

Spring Warrior

Post by kneeknocker »

I am looking for some information about the spring warrior ramp. I have fished a couple tournaments out of Keaton and always seem to fish around or north of SW. I would like to fish that area again but thought if there is a ramp around the area I fish why head all the way to Keaton. Can anyone give me any info about the ramp or the short ride out of the river? I want take my son down there this weekend and fish. Thank you ahead of time. I have a 17 key west that draws around 8 to 10 inches and I know the area pretty well noisy side of the channel.
TEAM NO FLUKE!!!
mpa_72001

Re: Spring Warrior

Post by mpa_72001 »

Maybe a lil crowded Saturday there is a tournament down there this weekemd
kneeknocker

Post by kneeknocker »

Oh. Did not know that. Thanks MPA. Well any info about the ramp would be great, but if they are having a tournament out of there I am guessing it is well marked.
TEAM NO FLUKE!!!
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

The warrior is not marked. There are rocks and bars. Once you get out to the flats there are a few markers out to the tripod. It is a tide dependent channel. I have had to pole or use the troller on many occasions coming out. That is mostly winter time. Stay in the center and right center until you reach the last house,then stay left of center. The bars and rocks are tight at the last bend.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

In addition to what JT said, when you leave the mouth of the creek, keep the floating orange bouy just off the starboard (right) side of your boat heading out. Once you pass that bouy, make a slow left turn to get parallel to the oyter bar on your left, then stay to the right of the pvc markers until the 90 degree bend in the channel when the bigger markers begin.

I prefished there the Friday before the Redtrout Shootout tournament, but did not do well. The water was very dark and we only caught redfish in the Spring Warrior area.

Steve Stinson
President
NFGFC
Warrior
Site Sponsor

Post by Warrior »

SS is correct but I would stay left of the pvc poles going out after the red bouy be careful around the bouy. You may not want to try to go out Saturday morning with the low tide it will be to push the boat thru some sand bars and maybe bump one of many rocks.
Warrior Inshore Charters
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

love the area but it also the only place I've busted a lower unit. low winter tide running around the chicane in the channel, jack plate fully up. Knew there was structure there but thought I was safe....go slow. if you head north from there go really slow
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
kneeknocker

Post by kneeknocker »

Thank you to everyone. It will be a very slow ride out.
TEAM NO FLUKE!!!
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

You have been given too much information.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
kneeknocker

Post by kneeknocker »

Just enough to get me in trouble.
TEAM NO FLUKE!!!
captkeyser
Site Sponsor

Post by captkeyser »

Go get'um Tripp! Only place that I have NOT busted a lower unit. :-D Gotta learn it sometime.
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Be extra, extra carefull. I've been fishing out of there all my life. It's one of the few places that worry me about hitting bottom. I was mullet fishing out of there back many years ago out of a wooden "Bird Dog" net boat. One night the water went so low that I couldn't get back up the creek. Spent most of the night hung up on an oyster bar getting tortured by bugs, and waiting for the tide to bring enough water to float my boat. I've torn up a lot of equipment in that creek. It's a pain in the butt to get in or out, but it's my favorite location in the whole Big Bend to fish. Good luck!

salute2
Semper Fi