600lb Black Marlin Jumps in Boat and Lands on the Crew!

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

mjsigns
Site Sponsor

600lb Black Marlin Jumps in Boat and Lands on the Crew!

Post by mjsigns »

Posted yesterday at you tube, viewed 1,000,4000 times so ... this might be a re-post...
Hate the music, I'd like to hear what actually was said.... :-D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... WaJNXnH1_g[/video]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaJNXnH1_g
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.
tallykenj
Site Sponsor

Re: 600lb Black Marlin Jumps in Boat and Lands on the Crew!

Post by tallykenj »

Wow.
The Back Porch
charlie tuna

Post by charlie tuna »

That fish was waaayyyy too green to be backing down on, in my opinion... Skipper must be a real "hot rod" to be backing down that fast, you are asking for trouble taking water over the transom with a cockpit full of excited people.
Reel Navy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Navy »

Agree with charlie tuna on this one. The Captain is lucky none of his crew was injured and that is way too much water over the transom.
Dear Lord, please let me be the kind of person my dog thought I was .....
charlie tuna

Post by charlie tuna »

Bout 55 years ago, i was fishin a Women'sBlue Marlin tourney in Bimini. We lost a big blue after fighting it for almost an hour, so all the landing equipment was in place in the cockpit. The captain felt the fish just got too far away from the boat and the "line drag" caused the line to break!! As soon as the first line was put up in the outrigger, another marlin crashed the bait and we had another "fish on"!! The fish started tailwalking away from the boat, and the captain started backing down like crazy! All of a sudden the fish did a 180 and was grayhounding directly at the boat. Before anyone could react the fish bounced off the transom and was laying in the water stunned !! The flying gaff was right there and we stuck him and pulled him in the boat -- and then he came alive and it took everyone to hold him down! Turned out to be the winning fish in the tourney and was a world record at that time -- 358 pounds on 80# test. Just a fluke, right place,right time