Fishing wear (Favorites, Tips, Deals, etc!!!)

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

FishWithChris

Fishing wear (Favorites, Tips, Deals, etc!!!)

Post by FishWithChris »

With so many brands out there, technical and non...

what are some of the Fishing inspired brands/logos you like to wear when out on the water?

Especially with the cold snaps coming up, what are some of the technical winter clothing you like to wear?

I figured this could bring up some great discussions, as well as open the doors to make some of our new folks on the forum better prepped for what it's really like on the water here in the winter

:beer: :beer: tight lines

(include pics, links, deals you find, etc!!!)
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Re: Fishing wear (Favorites, Tips, Deals, etc!!!)

Post by RHTFISH »

Victoria Secret :smt005

Sorry....just could not resist!

Frogg Toggs....never leave home without them! Rain, wind breaking, extra layer!
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

anyone have any opinions on any gloves?

I'm looking at the Glacier Glove series gloves, w/ the slit holes for your index and thumb.

http://www.basspro.com/Glacier-Glove-Wi ... /10203193/

only issue I see is lack of being water proof
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

I fi nd when duck hunting, that unless I use the really thick gloves, waterproof or not, cold is cold. When my gloves get wet, my hands get cold. I keep some really thick ones for running the boat, but just like fishing, they are useless for shooting. If it is really cold and drizzling, I will take some thin gloves (like camo skins) as a liner and then just use some fleece or cloth gloves over them, swapping out for dry ones occassionally. Tends to work better for me. Hot hands are a god send at times.
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

dupe
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
RCS
Site Sponsor

Post by RCS »

Unless they're made of rubber or latex, you're going to be hard pressed to find a pair of gloves that are truly waterproof. At best, most of the gloves on the market are "water resistant." I've heard good things about seal skin gloves, but never tried them personally. If you want something that's going to keep you warm regardless of whether it gets wet, go with wool.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

For gloves I like neoprene. I use them for duck hunting( picking up decoys in cold water) and fishing. Kevin's did sell open water brand for around $15. They have a slit on thumb and index finger so you use your fingertips for tying knots or pulling the trigger. I think Berkeley may make a pair also. They are by far the best gloves I have found for fishing and duck hunting. Good luck
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
guthooked
Site Sponsor

Post by guthooked »

I know there are golf gloves that are designed for cold, wet weather but have never tried them. I think Footjoy makes some.
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

I used to wear a pair of my golf gloves, worked great, but the leather was an easy snag for those hooks

Image Image Image
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

duplicate

Image Image Image