My youngests girls biggest buck to date

For all your hunting related posts! If we get enough traffic here there will be other sub forums: Turkey Hunting, Deer Hunting, Duck Hunting...

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

micci_man

My youngests girls biggest buck to date

Post by micci_man »

What a great hunt! Me and the youngest was going to hunt down the road from the house until 10pm last night when the oldest decided she was going to sleep in and go in the evening so we went behind the house to a food plot instead. Major feed was 5-7am this morning and sunrise was at 7:53 and we got in the stand at 7:15. Man was it foggy! I didn't expect much with the warm temps but boy was I wrong. We were sitting on a 3/4 ac food plot with the back half in peas that the deer never touched. They are waist high now. At 7:39 we both see movement and say "deer!" From the glow up top I new it was a buck and not just ears. Jaden soon after said the same thing. I looked at the deer through the scope and saw a rack. I told her it was a good deer, do your best to stay calm and we needed to get him on the ground..

The deer was coming through the peas at 80 yds out and walking right at us not stopping at all. At 35 yds he turned to his right- our left and sped up some. She already had the gun up and watching and I told her to get ready I was going to stop him and she needed to shoot when he did. I bleated, he paused for for a split second and kept going. He only had 25 yds to go and he was gone. I bleated again louder, he stoped and looked and BOOM she shot. He mule kicked and took off with his back end lowering to the ground as he went.

Jaden told me that she prayed that she could kill a buck this morning no matter what size. Her prayers were answered in a big way. Thank you Lord!! We talked it over, she assured me that she had it on him good, we gave thanks, gave hugs high 5's and sat for 45 more minutes, it about killed her to do that....

We got out of the stand and 40 yds later here is what we found. Her 5th deer and best buck to date. Perfect double lung shot.

Image[/QUOTE]
Don't major in the minor stuff in life
Rhettley
Site Sponsor

Re: My youngests girls biggest buck to date

Post by Rhettley »

I'd say you are raising a very impressive young lady there. She prayed before the hunt, kept her cool and made a great kill shot, and gave thanks afterwards. Congratulations to both of you. Yall should both be very proud.
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

What is she shooting Tommy?
Stay Thirsty My Friends
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

:thumbup: :thumbup: Congrats,thats a fine buck right there :thumbup: :thumbup:
TLB2

Post by TLB2 »

Congrats nice buck!
CastTheFlats

Post by CastTheFlats »

That is a fine buck! Nice job.
KyTrkyHntr
Site Sponsor

Post by KyTrkyHntr »

Awesome! Congrats on a very nice buck!
Catch & Release Fish!!!!....... Not Criminals!

Image Image
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Awesome daughter and her dad for taking her and raising her right!
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
micci_man

Post by micci_man »

rocket wrote:What is she shooting Tommy?

A Rem 788 in .243 that my dad bought me when I was 10. Shooting a 100 gr core lokt. Both her and her sister started shooting it when they were 9.

Thanks Guys!

This mornign would be a good one after raining all night. Wish me and the oldest could have been there.
Don't major in the minor stuff in life
Ranaman

Post by Ranaman »

Tommy thats SWEET tell her congrats!!! awesome job raising those girls!!