REDFISH BONANZA!!!

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

SBW

REDFISH BONANZA!!!

Post by SBW »

Went to Bald Point today fishing from the shore. The tide was wrong, the weather was wrong, and the moon was wrong, but I figured MAYBE all this storm activity may have broken the fish off of "normal" habits and went anyway. Was there less than two hours and caught 8 reds,had my limit in less than a half hour, missed several more, and lost the big `un. I have fished here at least once a month all year (usually whenever the moon is right) and NEVER seen activity like this. The water was SWARMING with reds seemingly in a feeding frenzy. This all on slack tide, and during the heat of the day (about 4 pm). There was, however, a steady current due to all the runoff, so that may have contributed. The "trash fish" were nowhere to be found. I can only imagine what it would have been like had I gone early in the morning. Alas, the trip was cut short, though, as I took the wife with me (who is 6 months pregnant), and she got overheated really fast. I'm gonna hit it first thing in the AM, though. This time without the wife. Maybe I'll give my dad a call and see if he wants to get in on the action, because I think those fish are there to stay for a few days.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: REDFISH BONANZA!!!

Post by Salty Gator »

Way to get after em, hope the am trip pays off
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Told you so.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
oreocwby

Post by oreocwby »

i def dont wanna take your spots but i have NEVER caught a red on a lure always chunck. Can you please lead me in the right way. I would like to go today.Thanks a Mil in advance
jwnoles
Site Sponsor

Post by jwnoles »

Awesome day fishing!
JW
<'(((<

2001 Carolina Skiff 1655V
2001 40 HP Yamaha
ontiltttttt

Post by ontiltttttt »

Were you fishing from the shore close to the small pier that over looks the oyster bar?
J Holden

Post by J Holden »

You sure do like resurrecting months old threads to ask people (who haven't logged in in 3 months.. incidentally) about their fishing spots doncha? :-D
ontiltttttt

Post by ontiltttttt »

:-D