2012 drought prompted request over corn fuel use

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

By David Shepardson
Detroit News Washington Bureau
26 Comments
Washington — The Environmental Protection Agency on Friday rejected a request from eight governors and nearly 200 members of Congress to waive requirements for the use of corn-based ethanol in gasoline, after last summer's severe drought wilted much of the nation's corn crop.
more..

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2012 ... ol-mandate
Last edited by mjsigns on November 17th, 2012, 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Re: 2012 drought prompted request over corn fuel use

Post by Dubble Trubble »

I will harp on this till my last breath! Ethanol does NOTHING for the environment. A vehicle running 10% ethanol gets 10% less mileage, so you are still burning exactly the same amount of 100% gas to get there. Also, making ethanol creates an environmental footprint from the tractors harvesting the corn to the plants manufacturing it.

Then to top that off, it is making food prices go up from corn made products to beef!

I can not see why anyone with a little education and common sense can not figure this out!

Oh, wait, we are talking about Washington, DC.

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
RED ZONE 48

Post by RED ZONE 48 »

Using a Primary Food source for Fuel is STUPID , but that is the Plan to create a Food Shortage and to get Higher Fuel Prices . 4 more yrs of Insanity .
Rhettley
Site Sponsor

Post by Rhettley »

Huge government investments in solar and wind power that fails. High priced light bulbs that don't work worth a flip for reading. Toilets that won't flush down a poop the first try. Electric cars that go about the same distance as the first one invented when cars first came out. And ethanol that raises our food prices and ruins small engines and outboards and runs poorly in autos.
A government full of politicians that think they know more that the rest of us is ruining this country in a hurry. I'm afraid the handbasket has almost reached it's final destination.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

I did not vote to keep this administration.
I voted for the guy that wanted to put people back to work.
The people that do not want to work won.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

Rhettley wrote:High priced light bulbs that don't work worth a flip for reading.

I got several cases of 100 W bulbs last year. Holding on to them. Price may fly higher than gold! Got to plan retirement you know......LOL

The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
Cranfield
Site Sponsor

Post by Cranfield »

Rhettley wrote:Huge government investments in solar and wind power that fails. High priced light bulbs that don't work worth a flip for reading. Toilets that won't flush down a poop the first try. Electric cars that go about the same distance as the first one invented when cars first came out. And ethanol that raises our food prices and ruins small engines and outboards and runs poorly in autos.
A government full of politicians that think they know more that the rest of us is ruining this country in a hurry. I'm afraid the handbasket has almost reached it's final destination.
Its not just your Government, the whole of Europe is in exactly the same position.
There are too many environmental lobbyist getting the ear of Governments and proposing these follies.
Large grants are handed out to pay for research and study groups , plus massive subsidies for the construction of wind farms and solar panel installation.
Any business that needs subsidies to exist is not a sustainable business, whatever its activity.
tallykenjsbetterhalf
Site Sponsor

Post by tallykenjsbetterhalf »

Speaking of corn and transportation costs. I remember when I could buy a 50lb bag of high quality horse feed for $7.95 a bag. That same bag last week cost me $18.00!
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

We had an election between the smart people who like success and the stupid people who like dependence and the stupid people won. Thus this administration has been given a mandate to remain stupid. It will not be a stretch for this bunch and this is but one of what I am sure will be many examples.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

MudDucker wrote:We had an election between the smart people who like success and the stupid people who like dependence and the stupid people won. Thus this administration has been given a mandate to remain stupid. It will not be a stretch for this bunch and this is but one of what I am sure will be many examples.
Who is John Galt?

FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

WE NEED TO IMPEACH STUBOMA NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,, HE IS NOT A CITIZEN OF THIS COUNTRY, IS A MUSLUM AND IS TRYING TO MAKE THIS COUNTRY COMMUNIST, DON'T MAKE THE OLD MAN MAKE A TRIP TO WASHINGTON DC
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO