Oyster Bay 11/17

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

fishfalcon

Oyster Bay 11/17

Post by fishfalcon »

Fished Saturday morning in the wind with a falling tide with no luck. No trout, no reds, not even a pinfish nibble. Saw a few ducks and heard some shooting and thought I picked the wrong option. Had lunch and took a walk in the wildlife refuge with the dogs. Water was still really low, so I went to My Way Seafood and picked up some fresh shrimp and oysters to make sure we were going to have something for dinner. I threw the castnet and got some bull minnows and a few pinfish. I then ran out to the oyster bars and started fishing. First cast on the bull minnow and down goes the cork. I set the hook and can feel the tail thumps. Not only am I hooked up, but it is a good one. I fight the fish and then make the one handed net job. Solid 24" red. Into the box he goes. I rebait and make the same cast and down goes the cork again. This one was a 17" rat red with 3 spots released to fight another day. I put on a 2" pinfish and cast out knowing it is on. Nothing for the next 2 hours except the chance to talk with the game warden. We went through the whole routine - life jacket (I had it on), throwable, paddle, whistle, flares (checked dates), fire extinguisher, license, boat registration, and checked the fish box, but he did not make me measure the fish for him. He said he looked ok. Nice day. Seafood from My Way was great.
Badbagger

Re: Oyster Bay 11/17

Post by Badbagger »

Great report and day!
tallykenj
Site Sponsor

Post by tallykenj »

Nice!
The Back Porch
Fishbster1