Econfina/Aucilla 12/6

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Bonecracker

Econfina/Aucilla 12/6

Post by Bonecracker »

Why am I the only one posting fishing reports here?? :smt006 Must be some kind of conspiracy or sump-in!!!! salute1
Well considerin how crappy the fishin is down at the coast right now we still managed to get a tug on our lines yesterday!! :-D For starters yesterday, the water clearity is poor, the wind was a-blow-in hard, my GPS would not work, bottom machine reads 50 ft in 3 ft of water, left tackel box in back of truck, left our gulp at the store, ran out of plastic baits period, no flurocarbon leader, no small hooks to catch pin-fish, and finally we had old gas in the bot which made it feel like a rookie learn-in to drive a clutch!!! :smt010 :smt005 :smt010

Other than that we did catch a limit of trout on twitch baits and CT on 1/4oz jigs!! :D :-D :D
2012 Maverick 18-HPX / Yama 115 4 stroke
2006 28 Whitewater/ twin VMAX HPDI 200HP
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Re: Econfina/Aucilla 12/6

Post by SS-342 »

You did good! With all those mishaps your middle name must be "LUCKY"! We didn't go but two friends of mine went out of Keaton. By two O'clock they had one trout in the boat. Then the bite started and got better. They came out with a limit of trout, actually, four limits for each had a pardner.

Thank for the FISHING report.
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
zload
Site Sponsor

Post by zload »

Good job! It does seem that the fishing reports are down... not complaining leaves more room on the water :thumbup:
2008 Key West 196 Bay Reef
2008 Yamaha 150
Bonecracker

Post by Bonecracker »

Tried to have some fun with yall on this post!!! :-D :-D While some things are ture in my embellishment, some things acutally did not happen, so forgive me!! :roll: As for water clarity, the water was very clear, there was only a light wind a blow-in, my buddies GPS had its issues as it would only work for short periods of time, his fancy bottom machine worked fine, tackle box was left in the back of his truck which ment NO GULP, NO Plastic baits, no flurocarbon leaderl, no hooks, NADA!!! :thumbdown: :thumbdown: And TRUE his boat had not been run in a while, so the old gas did not make for a smooth ride! See what happens when you let your buddy talk you into takin his bot vs takin your own!!!! :lol:
2012 Maverick 18-HPX / Yama 115 4 stroke
2006 28 Whitewater/ twin VMAX HPDI 200HP
flatsbroke
Site Sponsor

Post by flatsbroke »

So what did ya catch em on??
Flatsbroke
cast-n-stone
Site Sponsor

Post by cast-n-stone »

Same day, same place. Arrived before sun up hit almost every creek up to and including Aucilla. Not much love . Threw every thing at them. Headed back towards Rock Is. Little better, Ended up with 6 Trout couple flaties, back at ramp at four. Water clarity good to hazy. Not many shorts, fell short of two man limit, beautiful day, didn't see a shovel all day so all in all I'll take it!
reelbad

Post by reelbad »

Part of the Capital City Trailers fishing gang going that way tomorrow 12/08/12, will post a report when I hear from them. Wishing all good luck this weekend.
charlie tuna

Post by charlie tuna »

Thanks for the report --- sounds like fishing is on the increase !!
Welby
Site Sponsor

Post by Welby »

Heading down tomorrow myself..............Maybe I'll have something to report when I get back.