Droid, IPhone, what's the real deal?

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

FUTCHCAIRO

Re: Droid, IPhone, what's the real deal?

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

GOOD GRIEF, I AM STILL USING MY OLD DIAL PHONE THAT MA BELL GAVE ME ABOUT 50 YRS. AGO, CAN'T TAKE ANY PICTURES, TEXT, OR TALK TO MORE THAN 1 PERSON AT A TIME BUT IT ONLY COST $1.50 A MONTH NO MATTER HOW MANY PEOPLE I TALK TO, OR HOW LONG I TALK. LIMITED ON MY LEARNING ABILITY, SO I GUESS I WILL CONTINUE WITH MY OLD MA BELL PHONE FOR THE TIME BEING.
P.S. CAN YOU LISTEN IN ON SOMEONE ELSE'S PARTY LINE.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

HECK, THOUGHT I WOULD GET A REPLY ON THAT ONE.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
Badbagger

Post by Badbagger »

FYI, should have noted if you go with the Straightalk Sim, you can use pretty much any smartphone including an Iphone. HOWEVER, make SURE you buy an AT&T Sim. Do not get a Sprint SIM, Sprint service I've had and it's NOT good. I use to have Verizon, service is just as good and with two phones I save about $75 a month plus taxes and fees for the SAME or BETTER service.
Rhettley
Site Sponsor

Post by Rhettley »

Pa you haven't been paying rent on that rotary dial phone all these years have ya? My grandmother still had her's on the wall in her kitchen. I grew up using it but got rusty on the circular dial motion and the last couple of times I tried to dial it I managed to stop the little wheel and dial the wrong number. Never had a party line but some friends of my parents did.
Most kids these days hate to talk on a phone. They want to text everything. That's not a good thing in my opinion.
reelbad

Post by reelbad »

FUTCHCAIRO wrote:GOOD GRIEF, I AM STILL USING MY OLD DIAL PHONE THAT MA BELL GAVE ME ABOUT 50 YRS. AGO, CAN'T TAKE ANY PICTURES, TEXT, OR TALK TO MORE THAN 1 PERSON AT A TIME BUT IT ONLY COST $1.50 A MONTH NO MATTER HOW MANY PEOPLE I TALK TO, OR HOW LONG I TALK. LIMITED ON MY LEARNING ABILITY, SO I GUESS I WILL CONTINUE WITH MY OLD MA BELL PHONE FOR THE TIME BEING.
P.S. CAN YOU LISTEN IN ON SOMEONE ELSE'S PARTY LINE.
PA
SEMPER FI
Pa I still have my old rotary phone somewhere in the house, it hasen't been that many years since we took it off the kitchen wall. I think the only reason we did is because it quit working properly. I seldome answer the phone anyway unless I know who is calling.
Sea Dawg
Site Sponsor

Post by Sea Dawg »

Pa don't feel bad i have a Motoral antix smart phone and I still use my Rotary Phone as its so simple
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

I am still using a Nokia 3589i I got back in 2002. The phone has never had a battery replaced, never given any trouble, and was immersed under me in a creek when a 4 wheeler threw me.

The thing would talk when those new Iphones my friends had would not even get a signal. Still using it today. No, it does not have internet, but who cares....

I can talk when I need to!

Was in Arby's a while back, my phone rang. A kid over near me said "Wow, he has one of those OLD phones..." :-D

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

I have had an iPhone since 2007 and could not imagine not having it. I have had the opportunity to trial several Droid phones and I don't like any of them. If I had to pick something besides an iPhone it would be a Samsung Galaxy II.
Team Jolly Mon
Badbagger

Post by Badbagger »

Hmmm what's a rotary phone? haha
Flanders
Site Sponsor

Post by Flanders »

Droid!
And go with the Samsung Galaxy series. Really doesn't matter which galaxy either. They are all great. Easy to use. And the navigation turn by turn works perfect "EVERY TIME" AND the screens are much larger than the Iphones. So all you old timers can see it better.

My 14 year old daughter (Our Phone guru) has the Droid X She thought she wanted the iphone until she used a friends for a while. Now she wants the Samsung Galaxy like her mother and me.. I am still using the original Galaxy S. I don't want to upgrade because the phone does everything i want it to perfectly. Pictures are fantastic. Also, you don't have wait until the next addition comes out for them to fix something like the Iphone. Droid already got it right.

Just remember.. Droid Does! Iphone Doesn't :-D
I come from a small drinking community with a fishing problem
Badbagger

Post by Badbagger »

X2 on the Galaxy. We have two of the SII phones on Straight Talk... outstanding phones.