Pay it Forward...

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

rocket
Site Sponsor

Re: Pay it Forward...

Post by rocket »

The way it ought to be...thanks for doing what was right. Many these days have forgotten that.
Stay Thirsty My Friends
tallykenjsbetterhalf
Site Sponsor

Post by tallykenjsbetterhalf »

That warmed my heart and brought tears to my eyes (girly part of me or maybe not). So nice of you to help her out. I'm sure she was beside herself with the two little ones. It's great to know that we still have folks out there willing to help out. I know lots of folks on this forum would have done the exact same thing because that's the kind of people we have on this forum. :D
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

JT, I USE TO STOP AND TRY TO HELP ANYONE I SAW STOPPED ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD. ONE DAY IN N.J. THIS OLD LADY WAS STOPPED ON THE SIDE AND I SWING IN TO HELP, JUST AS I GOT STOPPED I GLANCED IN MY REAR VIEW MIRROW AND SAW TWO YOUNG BUCKS HIDING BEHIND SEVERAL TREES. I GOT OUT WITH MY 44 MAG CLEARLY VISIBLE, ALL THREE OF THOSE HOODS TOOK OFF IN THE CAR, AS THEY WENT BY I LET 5 ROUNDS GO INTO THE REAR OF THEIR CAR. SINCE THEN I AM VERY CAREFULL ABOUT STOPPING FOR ANYONE ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD. SOCIETY HAS MADE US WHAT WE ARE TODAY AND I AM SORRY TO SAY IT DOES NOT LOOK GOOD TO ME.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
CaptReelThyme

Post by CaptReelThyme »

I do agree with you PA, especially with all the crap recently in Tallahassee. I did slow to assess the situation, and also had 'Roscoe' on stand-by in the waist band if needed... you can never be too careful these days...
redbelly7

Post by redbelly7 »

I'd prolly be robbed too, but I'd have stopped to see what I could do. It's against company policy to carry a gun in company car, so I have to be careful. I like to see stories like this though. It makes you feel good to help folks out and it will be repaid.
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

I have stopped recently to lend assistance. Every time I do it I think twice, but the humanitarian in me wins out. You may called it being raised right or Christian or being a good Samaritan or just doing the right thing for the right reason. Whatever it is called it makes me feel good and I hope that feeling is shared be those I have helped and they in turn help someone else.
Just as we can spread hate and distrust, we can spread joy and kindness. I prefer joy and kindness.
Thanks ReelThyme for helping to spread some warmth to your fellow man, especially in this time of social turmoil and economic woe.
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

Thanks for such a good report! Better than a good fishing report. One we can all have if we keep our eyes open and our hearts right. That person you helped could have been "our" daughter, wife or sister. Thanks for helping!
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

You were being guided by the Holy Spirit, or you were the angel she probably preyed and asked God for help. :smt059
Way to go fishnfool :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Well done.

I try to help folks when I can. Seems, in today's world, it's a gamble. :thumbup:
What was I supposed to do today?
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

I'm sure it taught her and her kids that there is good people in this world, and it also make you feel good when you helped someone in need, great job!!
gatorgirl1

Post by gatorgirl1 »

Awesome post! An angel on earth for that mom and her kids!!
JIm Smith
Site Sponsor

Post by JIm Smith »

people such as you help to restore faith in our fellow man. :thumbup:
bman

Post by bman »

Good man!
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
Bottomtime

Post by Bottomtime »

Great job. I know the reward you feel inside is exponentially greater than any monetary one that could have been bestowed upon you.

I'm looking forward to seeing my son's face when I pick him up from school this afternoon and he sees the back seat of my truck which is full of new toys, clothes and other gifts. I suspect his initial thought will be that he just got a sneak peek of his Christmas bounty, but that is not the case. I'm going to let him help me wrap the gifts tonight, and we're going to discuss how fortunate he and his brother are in relation to many other kids. We're going to discuss how those COULD have been his toys that I purchased, but instead we are going to give them to a local family that is desperately trying to make ends meet in terms of their daily existence. I'm hoping he can comprehend the value and blessings that come from helping those who really need help, without them having to ask for it. I hope it is a valuable early lesson on how to be an honorable man- willing to work and be thankful for what he is able to earn, while also recognizing that when he has more than he needs, giving of himself always returns great dividends.
CaptReelThyme

Post by CaptReelThyme »

I'm looking forward to seeing my son's face when I pick him up from school this afternoon and he sees the back seat of my truck which is full of new toys, clothes and other gifts. I suspect his initial thought will be that he just got a sneak peek of his Christmas bounty, but that is not the case. I'm going to let him help me wrap the gifts tonight, and we're going to discuss how fortunate he and his brother are in relation to many other kids. We're going to discuss how those COULD have been his toys that I purchased, but instead we are going to give them to a local family that is desperately trying to make ends meet in terms of their daily existence. I'm hoping he can comprehend the value and blessings that come from helping those who really need help, without them having to ask for it. I hope it is a valuable early lesson on how to be an honorable man- willing to work and be thankful for what he is able to earn, while also recognizing that when he has more than he needs, giving of himself always returns great dividends.
Well done Sir... that's how you raise them right...