Slow start, Slow finish 12-14

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

cast-n-stone
Site Sponsor

Slow start, Slow finish 12-14

Post by cast-n-stone »

Went to the Icky, k new tide was off, so no hurry getting there. Got to ramp at About noon, COLD, cloudy, windy and NO water. I mean no water. Dropped boat at a bud's house, rode to Hickory Mound to kill more time. At 1:00 water still going thru culverts towards Gulf. Went back to ramp ,looked, little changed. Decided to call it and head back. Go back hook up boat, thought to go look one more time. In 1/4 mile ride sun popped out, water came in enough. Put boat in, eased out. It was 2:00 now, Low tide was around 10:00 I believe. Calm winds and water, slight ripple. Moved around good bit. Not really any trash fish bumps even. Did land one nice Flounder though but that was it. Beautiful sunset
TopWater

Re: Slow start, Slow finish 12-14

Post by TopWater »

I think i saw you at the ramp, I was in the blue boat. Slow day for us too, did manage a few trout after throwing everything but the kitchen sink at them. I guess it beats working though.
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

We had a slow unusual day as well. Got to KB Marina at seven. Even then hardly enough water to put in the boat. Had problems with GPS/Sounder. It was slow to connect and start working. After slow start with GPS, I didn't think the deapth was working correctly as I went near the first Birdrack. Looking back and seeing mud kicking, a turn around was tried with no luck....stuck for about two hours! There went our early morning fishing!

With the help of a strong wind, we began to slowly drift toward deeper water. Got started again and found all our fishing holes almost void of water. Tried deeper water with no luck. By twelve noon we had 0 fish in the box. Then a move paid off and we must have put six nice trout on ice. Working back to the Marina, we got a few more for a total of nine trout.

Coming in we answered a distress call and towed two fellows in that had ran out of gas.

Hats off to Jerry who stayed later to take us out and also the fellows with the gas problem. It is such a comfort to have someone on shore looking out for you. We are greatful to all the crew at KB Marina and look forward to our short visits on each of our trips.

THANK YOU JERRY AND CREW!
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
cast-n-stone
Site Sponsor

Post by cast-n-stone »

TopWater wrote:I think i saw you at the ramp, I was in the blue boat. Slow day for us too, did manage a few trout after throwing everything but the kitchen sink at them. I guess it beats working though.
Yea, that was us.
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

went yesterday out the aucilla looking for mullet not much luck there still waiting for some cold weather so headed to the flats and managed a limit of trout and 1 red about 25 in. the tide was slow to come in with the negative tide from the morning and the lil north wind with it.
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

Effort was made, spirit was there, water was not cooperating. - :thumbup:
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.