shooting

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Juan
Site Sponsor

Re: shooting

Post by Juan »

mastercaster wrote:Didn't take long for the nuts to come out.

Really, because they took god out of school?!? Since you brought it up, what an amazing god it is that let 20 little kids be slaughtered. What do you say about all the other school shootings before god was just so easily kicked out of school?

This thread is just more evidence of the real issues here, the free availability of easy killing devices ( I'm not saying ban them) and ignorance towards science.
FYI...IMO this isn't a time for an atheistic comment... It's a time for mourning and prayers for those who lost their loved ones..Those kids and the teachers who lost their lives trying to protect them are now with God weather you believe or not.

P.S... and God is spelled with a CAPITAL "G"
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

Actually, the 4 worst massacres in the USA did not involve guns.

The 9/11 attacks (2,998 deaths)
The Oklahoma City bombing (168 deaths)
The HappyLand arson (87 deaths)
The Bath, Michigan bombing (45 deaths)

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Sad sad sad. This isn't about guns, this is about mental illness, but the anti-gun folks are taking this and trying to say big brother guberment can keep us safe by banning guns. That has really worked on the "war against drugs".

My prayers to the families who lost love ones.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

I saw this sentence in a story that stuck in my mind.

"And while each state's gun control policies differ, Connecticut's is among the toughest in the country. Yet, 27 people are dead"

Just another proof that gun control fails every time. Funny how when law abiding citizens are disarmed, the wacko's go crazy on them. I guess if you know no one will have a gun (gun control state and a school) you feel a lot bolder. There is a good reason this kid walked into a school instead of in to a Police Station. He knew he had sitting ducks at the school.

The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

Still having a hard time with this :( ............m/c your a ........
Badbagger

Post by Badbagger »

Dubble Trubble wrote:I saw this sentence in a story that stuck in my mind.

"And while each state's gun control policies differ, Connecticut's is among the toughest in the country. Yet, 27 people are dead"
Just another proof that gun control fails every time. Funny how when law abiding citizens are disarmed, the wacko's go crazy on them.

Bingo, gun control will not keep firearms out of the hands of crooks, criminals etc. Where there's a will, there is a way. Doesn't matter, they WILL get their hands on weapons - period. This kid was obviously someone with severe mental disease and defect. It's just truly sickening.
BayGator

Post by BayGator »

I have not heard yet how the kid got the guns. I did hear that the guns were registered legally to his mother. Did she not have them locked up? If that is the case this has nothing to do with gun control, but everything to do with being totally irresponsible with your weapons. I feel terrible for all the lives lost but I bet at the end of the day this could have been avoided with a gun safe.
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

horrible event. obviously all thoughts and sympathy go out to the families.

Separately, the political reactions are ridiculous. As most have said, this shouldn't be about gun control and legislation is not a cure. Pulled from my favorite Libertarian source; I'm not being callous, but thought that gun controll could have prevented this is a difficult conclusion for the rational mind to reach.

In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
guthooked
Site Sponsor

Post by guthooked »

There are probably a hundred different theories on why this happened and how it could have been prevented but right now what these families need are our prayers.
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

guthooked wrote:There are probably a hundred different theories on why this happened and how it could have been prevented but right now what these families need are our prayers.
AMEN :thumbup: :thumbup:
BayGator

Post by BayGator »

guthooked wrote:There are probably a hundred different theories on why this happened and how it could have been prevented but right now what these families need are our prayers.
I agree. Let's all pray after the guns are locked up.
Flanders
Site Sponsor

Post by Flanders »

:smt059
Attachments
Victims.jpg
Victims.jpg (115.33 KiB) Viewed 1803 times
I come from a small drinking community with a fishing problem