Current fishing limits?

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

JCC

Current fishing limits?

Post by JCC »

We are planning to get down after Christmas and hopefully do some fishing. I checked the regs this morning. Here's what I think:
Red Grouper are legal, state and fed.
No gags at all.
No red snapper at all.
All other snapper, mangrove etc., are legal, state and fed.
No triggers at all.
AJ--I'm not sure?

Am I right or wrong? what's the aj rule? and what else do I need to be aware of?

Thanks
Rhettley
Site Sponsor

Re: Current fishing limits?

Post by Rhettley »

I haven't checked in a while so I'm really not sure. It seems to change from month to month. Don't forget all the safety equipment, use circle hooks while bottom fishing, and you must have a venting tool and proper dehooker on board. Last I checked needlenose pliers didn't qualify but regular ones did, which doesn't make much sense.
EddieJoe

Post by EddieJoe »

CaptReelThyme

Post by CaptReelThyme »

print out the regs and put in your tackle box... You might need them to make a point with the law
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

Do not forget to pick up your current attorney some bait too, as you will need to carry him also.

I have no idea what the IDIOTS we have making all these regulations even want anymore. :smt009

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
JCC

Post by JCC »

I is an attorney. I tell you, I'd hate to pay me to figure this out. State regs. Fed regs. State calendar. Fed. calender. Special bulletins, blah, blah. Catch here but can't stop there. etc. And it all changes depending on where you are and when. What a mess. I have printed out a sheet before to carry, and I'll do it again!!