Reds Way Up River??

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

fishfeeder
Site Sponsor

Reds Way Up River??

Post by fishfeeder »

I would like to say hello to the board.

I just found this site last week. I went to St. Marks today in the AM and fished the out going tide with a little action on topwater near the oyster bars, but let me get to the reason for this post. After floating a few live baits and with no luck. Therefore I decided to head up the wakulla river to take a swim. When I got to the bridge I saw a small school of red fish from about 18" to 25". I personaly have never seen reds up this far. Has anyone else??

Thanks
Last edited by fishfeeder on August 2nd, 2004, 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you release them they will grow!!!!
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Yes...We saw a school of them up the St. Marks past the gas docks in the winter....Welcome aboard..... :beer: :thumbup:
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

Never seen reds by the bridge.

Welcome aboard Fishfeeder!
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Good to have you on the forum FishFeeder :D Thanks for the report and feel free to share information as you have. You'll enjoy this bunch :thumbup:
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

In the winter you will see them up in the rivers, but I've never seen them up there this time of year. Maybe that's where they went, 'cause I sure aint found them here of late!!! :-D
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Welcome aboard Fishfeeder.

As has already been stated, you'll see the reds up the river in the winter. However, if we really had the fish patterned to where they would be when, Wevans wouldn't have come home empty handed this weekend. You never know what a fish might do.
What was I supposed to do today?