A lesson in Irony

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

A lesson in Irony

Post by Dubble Trubble »

A Lesson In Irony

United States Department of Agriculture

The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U . S . Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and food stamps ever, to 46 million people .

National Park Service

Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U . S . Department of the Interior, asks us "PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE ANIMALS ." Their stated reason for the policy is because the animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves .

This ends today's lesson .

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Re: A lesson in Irony

Post by Gulf Coast »

:thumbup: :thumbup:
JIm Smith
Site Sponsor

Post by JIm Smith »

could this have anything to do with all the boats that seem to be up for sell, people who work for a living are afraid of what is coming. I understand that Ga. just went to 8% sell tax
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

JIm Smith wrote:could this have anything to do with all the boats that seem to be up for sell, people who work for a living are afraid of what is coming. I understand that Ga. just went to 8% sell tax

I can say from personal feelings that I am thinking of getting rid of mine simply because of all the restrictions now. I enjoy fishing, but at some point, the stupid laws just gets to be too much garbage to deal with. There are other forms of recreation I can spend my money on. Florida, the Feds, and the FWC can K-M-A!

Only some counties in Georgia went to the higher tax. Here in Thomas county region, we voted down the new "transportation tax". For once, it seems voting did some good!

Dubble :thumbup:
Last edited by Dubble Trubble on January 5th, 2013, 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
High Hope
Site Sponsor

Post by High Hope »

:thumbup:
mbweimar

Post by mbweimar »

Animals also have far less resources to provide for themselves than humans. Also ironic.
reelbad

Post by reelbad »

Like the man said, there are more and more getting in the wagon and less and less pulling. The ones out working for a living are seeing less results in earnings at the end of the year and the ones on the dole are doing ok. I say revolt, keep fishing, catch what you need and don't waste, keep working, try to make as much cash as you can and put it in your pocket and keep doing what you can for you and your family. Remember cash is king.
charlie tuna

Post by charlie tuna »

First i am selling all my boats and fishing equipment, then I am getting in my pillbox, and heating up a "k ration" with my lighter. I just know someone is coming up my drive way at any minute !!
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

And so the slide down to the pit quickens!
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!