Keaton Fishing Report for 1-15-2013

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

SS-342
Site Sponsor

Keaton Fishing Report for 1-15-2013

Post by SS-342 »

Was in the water by eight that morning knowing the fish wouldn't bite until afternoon. We wanted to do some exploring during low tide, a -0.2, at 10:25. Had enough water to float over most of our fishing spots and easily see the bottoms. Wind a steady blow from the south at about 15 mph. More wind that we like but a very nice warm day. Water temperature read 66 degrees that morning warming up to 68 in the evening. Thought my temperature gage was off but heard other boats discussing the temperature and they were the same as my readings.

Never got a bite until enough water came in to float our boat close inshore. First bite, first fish, first keeper trout caught at one thirty. Set up drift behind a long oyster bar toward the shore line. After a couple drifts the count was me three and wife two, with live shrimp about all gone but four pinfish in the boat. Cut up some pinfish and tipped the hook over a gulp shrimp. That seemed to work better than just shrimp or gulp.

The bite was slow and soft. Almost like they really didn't want to bite.

On next drift the drag anchor caught and hung. The boat swung around and wife's position was out front with me in the back. The wind helped her cast a long distance from the boat and she hit a sweet spot and began to pull them in. When the fray was over, wife count was six with one over 22.5", my count stayed the same at three. Couldn't buy another fish so we came in around 5:30, packed up and went home.

A good enjoyable day on the water. We'll get um next time!
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Re: Keaton Fishing Report for 1-15-2013

Post by fishinfool »

:thumbup: :thumbup:
RyanD

Post by RyanD »

Sounds like a decent trip. Thanks for sharing!
RyanD

Post by RyanD »

Double post sorry.
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

Heading there in the morning to catch some of those trout and maybe some more mullet.