feed back on 1 man style fishing tournament

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

MIKE REELMAN
Site Sponsor

feed back on 1 man style fishing tournament

Post by MIKE REELMAN »

what do think ? small fee 20.00 , local location, motor boat , inshore trout , redfish, pay one fee enter both prizes, spilt win,50/50, two winners/ red or trout.no combo winner one big fish in each wins . time, 5 hours limit.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: feed back on 1 man style fishing tournament

Post by Salty Gator »

Seems like a cool idea, but most folks like to fish with a buddy. I think Gary Droze would be very competitive in that format. The kayak guys and gals may be interested. You may try fcka and see if you get any interist from the plastic navy. Always like to see more redfish tournies. We get a lot of trout tournies, but very few red tournies. Good luck
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

I like it.
It has potential.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
MIKE REELMAN
Site Sponsor

Post by MIKE REELMAN »

this format allow you to target red or trout ,a buddy it easy to load the boat and gas
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

I have been wishing for a format like that ever since I splurged and got a portable 3hp Torqueedo electric motor (weighs 29lbs including battery & will push an ultralight M98 Creek Boats square stern kayak like the dickens). However...

From what I've seen in most tournies, folks buddy up, which makes sense for those launching anything bigger than my bathtub toys. I REALLY like the 1 big fish format, but again that favors the stalking style of paddlers/waders.

Not sure how much interest you'll get, but I'm in!
CastTheFlats

Post by CastTheFlats »

Actually a really cool idea. Check out this series that you could get the ground work for to put something like this on. Some friends of mine in Jacksonville have fished these and say they are a blast.
http://www.xtremefishingseries.com/xtre ... m?site=one
Last edited by CastTheFlats on January 22nd, 2013, 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

I would be in, I seem to go by myself most of the time, like to take the kids sometimes but don't have a steady fishing partner and my boat is small
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

Jumptrout51 wrote:I like it.
It has potential.
If he likes it.......I like it. :-)
Team Jolly Mon
RCS
Site Sponsor

Post by RCS »

I would do it in a heartbeat.
MIKE REELMAN
Site Sponsor

Post by MIKE REELMAN »

tell me what part you like or dislike thanks for your fed back
captkeyser
Site Sponsor

Post by captkeyser »

I would be all in if I could ever get a Saturday off of work. I have always enjoyed fishing by myself. Ya catch bigger fish that way! :thumbup: So they say. :roll:
cotton

Post by cotton »

Unless 1 kayaker wants to compete against 2-4 boat fishermen, kayakers are typically left out of most fishing tournaments. Most boat tournaments even expect the 1 kayaker to put up the same entry fee as 4 folks in a boat. That's why you rarely see anyone except the pro kayakers compete. If you seriously want to include the kayakers talk with CastTheFlats or Suber. Both have ample experience with the kayak tournaments.

I rarely fish the salt anymore, but would likely participate with a low entry fee.

fyi - Nearly half of all the folks who have responded to this thread are members of the plastic navy.
MIKE REELMAN
Site Sponsor

Post by MIKE REELMAN »

what are pro and cons on haveing the plastic navy in the same tourament as long you pay your money. they both have there advanglishes motor verse plastic i like. Interesting
Last edited by MIKE REELMAN on January 22nd, 2013, 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
charlie tuna

Post by charlie tuna »

When and where?? Aluminum Navy here....
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

MIKE REELMAN wrote:what are pro and cons on haveing the plastic navy in the same tourament
The pro is, we increase the pot. The con for you is, we are fish catching machines! We spend our gas money on fancy lures. :-)
Team Jolly Mon