St. Marks 1/16

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

milto
Site Sponsor

St. Marks 1/16

Post by milto »

Sorry for the late post, but it looks like either no one is fishing or no one is posting. So finally got some time to get this up.

So, my fiances' uncle was in town from NC. So we wanted to show him a good day on the water. We put in at the lighthouse and started our trip up river. It was a little windy so we stopped at our first spot in a creek about halfway up the river. As soon as we got in there Pompano aka Verizon George smacked a short trout. For the next hour was plenty of speckled and white trout unfotunately all shorts. I did manage one keep so that I could start the trash talking. Nothing else ever really panned out there. So, becasue of the wind we decided to try the East River. We get to the mouth of the the East river and Pompano and myself look at each other and we both knew what we were thinking... (the wind had calmed down a little at this point) And that was to head east!!! So off we went. We ended up in ole Stoney where we wore out the Sea Bass (all shorts) but it was fun and the uncle was entertained. but in our opinion haven't given him the "experience". Once we were done messin with the sea bass, it was almost 4. So, Pompano says lets try this other spot, and boy was that a good decision!!! For the next hour it was GAME ON!! We finished with 9 trout and one red in that spot alone. Let's just say if was one of our slot tourneys it was ours hands down. Needless to say, after a long day the uncle was ready to go but he was definitely entertained with our last hour of fishing.

St Marks 1/16 by sugarfoot095, on Flickr
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Re: St. Marks 1/16

Post by mjsigns »

:thumbup: :thumbup:
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

4o'clock you would have missed weigh in !
reelbad

Post by reelbad »

Gulf Coast wrote:4o'clock you would have missed weigh in !
:-D :-D :thumbup:
milto
Site Sponsor

Post by milto »

Lol! Good call Gulf Coast!!
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

Good report! Not a bad day.
SS-342