NEED ADVICE ! PONTOON PEOPLE HELP !!!

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Salt Life
Location: I come from where the river meets the sea Live Oak Island

NEED ADVICE ! PONTOON PEOPLE HELP !!!

Post by Salt Life »

In 3 weeks ordering my FACTORY BUILT pontoon . 1st Pontoon I ever owned . Last boat I will buy . Going w/ a SOUTHBAY PONTOON . HAVE TO GO TO Orange Beah Ala to buy this thing . Other than a AVALON best toon on the water . My question. Do I go with a Tripple toon or two. Let me say that SouthBay has a "Sport Toon" and its a 4 ft pontoon that runs from motor twards the bow . This pontoon has an all alum. underskin that lifts the boat and gives the performance unserpassed ( nsr ) . Please GIVE ME YOUR OPINION.. ALSO DO I GET ONE OR TWO BIMINI TOPS
Thanks
BE GOOD AND FISH OFTEN
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Re: NEED ADVICE ! PONTOON PEOPLE HELP !!!

Post by SS-342 »

I can't answer your questions but I can feel the excitement in your post. Congratulations and have many, many days of enjoyment!
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
Salt Life
Location: I come from where the river meets the sea Live Oak Island

Post by Salt Life »

Thanks so much REALY looking forward to good times .
BE GOOD AND FISH OFTEN
tallykenj
Site Sponsor

Post by tallykenj »

I've had a double and now I have a tritoon. There is a big difference. Get the tritoon. Get the biggest engine you can afford and get a double bimini. Good idea on underscinning. It will be a smoother ride because the water won't be slapping the deck and cross beams. One thing you shouldn't get is a carpeted deck. I've had that and it was a mess to keep to clean. The double bimini will keep your deck cool.

I look forward to seeing your boat on the water.
The Back Porch
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

^ definitely listen to this guy... I've never seen a sweeter took than his on the water around here
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

galantnole wrote:^ definitely listen to this guy... I've never seen a sweeter took than his on the water around here
It makes my pontoon look like a dingy, just got mine a few months ago so I'm not much help. I'm working on fixing mine up a little now, I was about to replace the carpet, what other options is there?
tallykenjsbetterhalf
Site Sponsor

Post by tallykenjsbetterhalf »

vinyl or a relatively new boat flooring called plasdeck, but it is expensive. www.plasdeck.com I'm not sure if there are other manufacturer's of a flooring like this or not.
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

I could look at that decking on the front page of their site all day :smt004 :-D :beer: :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Rhettley
Site Sponsor

Post by Rhettley »

wevans wrote:I could look at that decking on the front page of their site all day :smt004 :-D :beer: :beer:
I think there might be some synthetics involved there too Wevans! :-D
tallykenj
Site Sponsor

Post by tallykenj »

Rhettley wrote:
wevans wrote:I could look at that decking on the front page of their site all day :smt004 :-D :beer: :beer:
I think there might be some synthetics involved there too Wevans! :-D
:lol:
The Back Porch
tallykenjsbetterhalf
Site Sponsor

One other thing. If you're fishing, see if South Bay can add a live well. We have a live well and it's great! It's under a seat and we use it all the time. Great place to keep pin fish or fishies that you're debating on keeping or throwing back depending on the next catch! Also, if it has a middle toon storage option, definately get that as well. Great place to store all your fishings rods, extra water, grill, gaff, and anything else you want out of the way.
reelbad

Post by reelbad »

tallykenjsbetterhalf wrote:One other thing. If you're fishing, see if South Bay can add a live well. We have a live well and it's great! It's under a seat and we use it all the time. Great place to keep pin fish or fishies that you're debating on keeping or throwing back depending on the next catch! Also, if it has a middle toon storage option, definately get that as well. Great place to store all your fishings rods, extra water, grill, gaff, and anything else you want out of the way.
And the adult beverages and 27 1/4" redfish. :-D
tallykenjsbetterhalf
Site Sponsor

Is that where we're supposed to put the 27 1/4 red? Good thinking. :lol:
Sea Fox
Site Sponsor

Post by Sea Fox »

I wish we still had ours. Bigger motor and a ski tow bar is a must for pulling tubes and such. And a grill that hangs over water was a hit with us. Good luck with the new boat. 8)
Sea Ya !
RodBow
Site Sponsor

Post by RodBow »

Test drive both the toon and tritoon.
use your opportunities ...

218 Carolina Skiff
25 Bayliner Deck