pics of led/hid/halogen fog lights

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

setty7

Re: pics of led/hid/halogen fog lights

Post by setty7 »

bump anyone?
RiverRunner

Post by RiverRunner »

These seem to be pretty good deal. If it's what you are looking for.
http://www.southernairboat.com/phpBB3/v ... 44&t=52598
setty7

Post by setty7 »

I dont think I want them that big. They are nice though!!!
reelhandy
Site Sponsor

Post by reelhandy »

I put a pair of these up on the tee top. They put out a lot of light and at 3" X 3" are hardly noticeable.

http://tinyurl.com/afxkeok
mbweimar

Post by mbweimar »

What are you're plans for the lights? Are you looking for a flood light to illuminate a wide area directly in front of the boat? Or do you want a "spot" beam to concentrate light way out in front?

2500 lm seems a little skimpy to me, unless its a spot beam. Rigid Industries, Vision X, and Anzo all make good stuff. If you're on a budget I'd look for something on Amazon or Ebay with a good warranty. Also look at Sound Off. Might be a little cheaper than the above mentioned brands, but they still make good stuff.
setty7

Post by setty7 »

I'm actually looking for these to put on my grill guard on my truck. Do the flood beams still light up a pretty good ways in front of the truck? Im looking to spend no more than $150/pair. Yalls help is greatly appreciated
mbweimar

Post by mbweimar »

You can get a pair of Rigid Duallys for about $170. Money well spent if you ask me. I wouldn't be surprised if they outlasted your truck. They advertise only drawing 1.25 amps per pair, but when I checked with my meter they were drawing 1.75 amps. Still not bad for the amount of light output.

I have a pair of the flood beam duallys mounted under my bumper as reverse lights and the spread is great, but the spot beam would be better for.getting light further down the road.

Check this thread out.
http://www.bigbendfishing.net/phpBB3/vi ... =5&t=32570
setty7

Post by setty7 »

Looks great man!! The only problem is the duallys would look really small on the grille guard. Right now I have 2-6" or so kc fogs