Mr. April

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

tallykenj
Site Sponsor

Re: Mr. April

Post by tallykenj »

Outstanding report. Congrats!!!
The Back Porch
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

As he released it he said,"rules are rules,no sense keeping it".

That is STRONG!!
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

Speaks more about the man than an ability to catch fish. Well done.
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

Jumptrout51 wrote:
reelbad wrote:10 fish, five each with one of the five being over twenty per angler.
It does not say which angler(person) (harvester) etc.
I would interpret the law as each recreational limit applies to each recreational fisherman, not the boat aggregate. With that said I think there is an unspoken rule that if you help fill you partner's limit (be it your wife, kid, fishing buddy, or tournament partner) you don't talk about it. If the man rolls up to your boat and asks about the fish in the cooler would you say, "I caught 8 trout and my wife caught 2, and both those over 20" are mine"? I can't think of once where FWC has asked me who's fish are who's, but I suspect if you offered info that contradicts the allowed limit I bet he gets the ticket book out. Truth be told, it's not hurting anything, but when tournament money comes in to play I could see someone feeling slighted.
Now all this is based on how I interpret the limit reads, and if I'm wrong then it's a moot point.
http://myfwc.com/fishing/saltwater/recr ... -seatrout/
Stay Thirsty My Friends
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

(2) “Harvest” means the catching or taking of a fish by any means whatsoever, followed by a reduction of such fish to possession. Fish that are caught but immediately returned to the water free, alive, and unharmed are not harvested. In addition, temporary possession of a fish for the purpose of measuring it to determine compliance with the minimum or maximum size requirements of this chapter shall not constitute harvesting such fish, provided that it is measured immediately after taking, and immediately returned to the water free, alive, and unharmed if undersize or oversize.
catching or taking of a fish by any means whatsoever
-any means whatsoever? Would that mean having it handed to you by someone that just caught it? But when I put it in the color/livewell/etc, then I have harvested it (not caught, just harvested). The limit states harvest, not catch and I think that is the difference. Whom ever puts it in the cooler or well or on the stringer is the harvester. I wish someone from FWC would chime in here.
charlie tuna

Post by charlie tuna »

How would you imterpret this: " provided that it is measured immediately after taking, and immediately returned to the water free, alive, and unharmed if undersize or oversize."? This kind of says it is illegal to cull seatrout?
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

I would interpret it as not having to return it if it were not alive.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
charlie tuna

Post by charlie tuna »

And that if it was dead(not alive) it would then become part of your(individual licensed fisherperson) harvest....
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

I believe its pretty straight forward. The angler caught and killed one too many over the slot fish. Now you can lie and say someone else caught it.....but that's still a lie.

I like reading most of the post on this forum.....and there are a lot of good folks on here.

But there are some that have to show how long their you know what is by killing as many and as big a fish as possible. Not much respect from me for that. I have had the privilege over the years to be around some of the true legends of the sport.....and to a man they seem to have learned to let the big breeders go....so there would be another good day of fishing in the future for them and their kids.

Just my $.02.
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

rockyg wrote:I believe its pretty straight forward. The angler caught and killed one too many over the slot fish. Now you can lie and say someone else caught it.....but that's still a lie.

I like reading most of the post on this forum.....and there are a lot of good folks on here.

But there are some that have to show how long their you know what is by killing as many and as big a fish as possible. Not much respect from me for that. I have had the privilege over the years to be around some of the true legends of the sport.....and to a man they seem to have learned to let the big breeders go....so there would be another good day of fishing in the future for them and their kids.

Just my $.02.
Wow these threads are getting old. A great report with quality information and more armchair QBs talking about fishing ethics and how it used to be. No wonder so many folks don't post anymore
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

I am going to make another thread as I feel it is disrespectful to put this in a thread celebrating someone's win of a tournament and a good fishing story. I think it is okay to hash it out, just not on this thread for me.

http://www.bigbendfishing.net/phpBB3/vi ... =1&t=33703
charlie tuna

Post by charlie tuna »

onefishtwofish wrote:I am going to make another thread as I feel it is disrespectful to put this in a thread celebrating someone's win of a tournament and a good fishing story. I think it is okay to hash it out, just not on this thread for me.

http://www.bigbendfishing.net/phpBB3/vi ... =1&t=33703
I never said anything about tournaments, i am interested in the actual limits since it has been bounced around on this forum, almost like some people making up their own interpatations of the laws. I guess what is needed is a "Top Secret" section? I have always respected the laws set down by our state, if i don't catch enough fish legally, i'll stop and buy some at the seafood market on the way home!!!
manley
Site Sponsor

Post by manley »

This thread sucks.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

manley wrote:This thread sucks.
Then don't read it. DUH!
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

The FWC has been meeting in Tallahassee the last couple days, but I emailed the public affairs person for the law enforcement division and she said she would track down a response. Hopefully they will have a definitive interpretation by Friday.