St. Andrews 04-12/13-13

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Chalk

St. Andrews 04-12/13-13

Post by Chalk »

Left work Friday around 1100 and was on the water around 1230. The feed chart said I had about an hour and a half, which it was right. First stop produced six fish real quick, missed about the same. All sight casted with a custom BiteABait. After that I saw fish but they quit eating.

Hit the bay Saturday morning and first spot resulted in a good number of trout and missed one "nathan" that followed the bait to the boat. Was as long as some of JT51's fishing tales :o :-D

Fished a bunch of spots, bite was slow with tide trickling in, but it started to fall in a big way after lunch. Found a few trout and managed a flounder on top water :o . Tide was pouring past a dock and I threw my topwater past the dock and brought it by and wham. Thought it was a red at first, but it turned out to be a 22" trout, caught and released. Moved onto a good bank for reds and started sight casting to them with some heavy metal. Caught about 4 and missed about the same sight casting within a boats length. Saw two fish ease off the bank, they looked small in the deeper water, flipped to it and the bigger one ate. Thinking it was a small red, I started thumbing the spool and stopping the fish. I get it to the boat and see how big it is...net it and my split ring looks like an "0" :lol: . The red was 27.125", the bad part was that when the fish was rolling around it brought in two more fish. One was a trout that was as long as the red I was fighting :o

Good two day's of fishing.

Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Re: St. Andrews 04-12/13-13

Post by Flint River Pirate »

Good report. I'm glad to see you weren't back on the stupid golf course old buddy!! :-)
Team Jolly Mon
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Nice solo trip. How far up did the flounder come to get it? Would that be St. Andrews slam?
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

Looks like that was a lot of fun!! Nice catch
Browning Slayer
Site Sponsor

Post by Browning Slayer »

Nice 2 days of fishing! :thumbup:
If there's not a life after fishing, I don't want to live it.....
Bonecracker

Post by Bonecracker »

AHHHHHHH nice visor Chalk! No Name Pub is one of my favorite places to wind down after a hard day fishin in the Keys! :thumbup: 45 days and counting baby!! :-D :D :-D
2012 Maverick 18-HPX / Yama 115 4 stroke
2006 28 Whitewater/ twin VMAX HPDI 200HP
KyTrkyHntr
Site Sponsor

Post by KyTrkyHntr »

Nice feeeesh!!!
Catch & Release Fish!!!!....... Not Criminals!

Image Image