1st overnight fishing trip with my son. Keaton 4/20&21/13

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hit-n-Miss

1st overnight fishing trip with my son. Keaton 4/20&21/13

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

:-D Had planned to go fishing sat morn with my son, Daniel and his friend Josh. But the weather was looking bad all week. So we decided to go sunday instead. Since we weren't going sat my son and I went with my wife to walk the Rose city walk sat morn. On the way home my wife says "Why don't you go down today and spend the night?" ......Blink blink........ really? Sure! Man I love that woman! :smt007 So I call Daniel and gets the OK and says they will be at my house at 2:00 to head out. We get to Keaton and ride out to almost calm conditions. Noaa said small craft advisery.Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.usSo we go south and start fishing. The water temp was 67 degrees and very clear. My son caught the 1st trout and later this flounder.Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us We caugImage

Uploaded with ImageShack.uswe caught tons of shorts and they would hit most any color. It was unreal how calm it was out there today. When we did get a keeper they mostly looked like this one. We fished al the way till dark and watched the sun set over the water. Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us Ran in with the aid of the spotlight loaded the boat up and went to eat at the snack shack. We ended up with 6 trout 2 sea bass and a flounder for the afternoon. Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us The next morning we woke up to high winds and choppy seas. We got our stuff out of the room and put the boat in to head out. Waved at Mr. Pat as we went buy and headed out to greet the day. Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us The water temp was 67 Saturday but had dropped 5 degrees overnight. The water was whitecapping the whole day sunday and we never got on a good bite. The highlight of the trip was watching my son fight a 7' shark while I chased it with the boat. :thumbup: He fought it for half an hour before it got off. I proud of him fighting hard to get it in. It was a great trip with my son and friends. Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us We ended up with 8 trout, 1 blue and 1 Spanish today, also many shorts. Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us Thanks again to my wonderful wife for the idea(and the ok to do it) of staying overnight. Alan loved it and I did too. :-D
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Re: 1st overnight fishing trip with my son. Keaton 4/20&21/1

Post by Flint River Pirate »

What an awesome report! Thanks for sharing.
Team Jolly Mon
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

Time well spent, memories made that will last a lifetime. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

:-D It was a lot of fun. I can only imagine what we would have caught if that front had not hit us. :-D
charlie tuna

Post by charlie tuna »

Thanks for the report, nothing but smiles in these pictures, everyone had a great time by the looks of them!
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
tallykenj
Site Sponsor

Post by tallykenj »

Awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
The Back Porch
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

He is growing up. I think you have a fishing buddy for life. Good job dad and good job team on the fishing.
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

onefishtwofish wrote:He is growing up. I think you have a fishing buddy for life. Good job dad and good job team on the fishing.
He's growing too fast. Seems like only yesterday he was just starting to walk and talk. Hope he will take his dad fishing when I get too old to handle the boat.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Awesome! :thumbup: Brought back memories and me and my boy. Talk about growing up fast, seems like just yesterday he was my little hunting, fishing and scouting buddy. Now some woman done hitched him up, took him up to Atlanta and instead of calling wanting to know when we are going outdoors, he wants hints on buying a house. Enjoy him while you can, because it will be WAY TOO SOON when he is grown and gone. :smt009
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
manley
Site Sponsor

Post by manley »

Nice!
Welby
Site Sponsor

Post by Welby »

Awesome !
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

MudDucker wrote:Awesome! :thumbup: Brought back memories and me and my boy. Talk about growing up fast, seems like just yesterday he was my little hunting, fishing and scouting buddy. Now some woman done hitched him up, took him up to Atlanta and instead of calling wanting to know when we are going outdoors, he wants hints on buying a house. Enjoy him while you can, because it will be WAY TOO SOON when he is grown and gone. :smt009
It scares me to think about when he's out of the house. We got our boat to maximize the family time while we have him home with us.
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

That looks and sounds like a great trip, I'm sure your son will remember that trip for a long time
guthooked
Site Sponsor

Post by guthooked »

My son is ten and we take 2 or 3 trips a year to shell island fish camp. The fishing is great but our last trip I had just as much fun watching my son trying to catch the Guinea hens running around.