Mr. April

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

guthooked
Site Sponsor

Re: Mr. April

Post by guthooked »

I second Big Bend's comment.

I just want to congratulate you guys on the women. I mean the fish were great but I gravitated to the pics of the women first.
Rainman
Site Sponsor

Post by Rainman »

Definitions refrenced by Katie Purcell 68B-37.002
(2) “Harvest” means the catching or taking of a fish by any means whatsoever, followed by a reduction of such fish to possession.

Does the law define "catching"? Does the law define "taking"? Harvest means catching OR taking! Seems you have two choices by which to Harvest a fish...

Great catch Mr. April, hope I can catch fish like you one day!!
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

reelbad wrote:
onefishtwofish wrote:Well I think that pretty much clears it up. So on future tournaments, will those that do not follow this rule pass the polygraph? And will the person administering the polygraph ask this question? It should just be fair for all and correct according to the law. I was wrong and I am not ashamed to say it. I would have passed a polygraph if I had done that and they asked if I did anything illegal. It is EXACLTY like a duck limit and that is easy for me to understand. Thanks to all who looked it up or asked for the interpretation.

In day to day fishing, this would never come up on my boat because over 20" are realeased unless mortally wounded anyways.
I think I see dead fish on a table that sure look over twenty to me.( But, I am probably wrong )
You are not wrong. You see one dead trout over 20. Gut hooked on a grub. I do not throw back dead fish if I can help it. I have kept 3 trout over 20 in the last couple years and that was one of them.
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
Redfin
Site Sponsor

Post by Redfin »

deadhorse.jpg
deadhorse.jpg (21.51 KiB) Viewed 3336 times
will someone please lock THIS thread
Joe
Site Sponsor

Post by Joe »

Redfin- Would you consider that horse harvested?
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

This is great ....let it roll... :smt005 :smt006 It's gotten completly off course now and it just plain funny
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

Wish I could have a sweater made out of this thread.

It would last forever.
WolfeMan
Site Sponsor

Post by WolfeMan »

One has to wonder if the 2nd place team has seen this thread. :-D
Site Sponsor

Post by Redfin »

Joe, it depends on many factors. I shall start a new thread for this.
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

Think I might, just MIGHT know a way to slow this thread! :thumbup:

Per Robert's Rules of Order, I henceforth make the motion that if legalese is still being debated by the next RTSO, the 2013 MS. Aprils will be replaced with the following female legal experts...

And the only entrant allowed in a "special" pre-tournament bikini contest will be this legal warrior.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
JCC

Post by JCC »

If I set up the trolling spread and then the fish hits an is caught, but my daughter then reels it up to the boat, and I net it into the boat. Who caught it? Same on a charter where the crew sets up the spread and I just reel up the already caught fish, the crew then gaffs it, who caught it. Seems to me if on boat limits can't be shared, then you couldn't have some charters. Crews can't okeep limits, but they do most of the work and the catching. All clients do is the reeling.
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Post by Harmsway »

Bonecracker wrote:Ater reading all of this thread, you guys are just killin me!!! :thumbdown: Stop abusing Mr. April and let's GO FISHIN!! :thumbup:
That's easy for you to say, Bonecracker, since you didn't come in second place and get screwed out of $1250.

I know the winners to be honorable men of the highest moral character, and I know they didn't weigh an illegal trout on purpose, but they did.

Knowing what they know now leaves them with only one honorable thing to do.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by Harmsway on April 25th, 2013, 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
JCC

Post by JCC »

I suspect it will be while before Casey hits the send button again. The original post took a while to put together. Lesson, don't create evidence. When you hit it, don't talk about it. ;-)
Nevercaughtup

Post by Nevercaughtup »

I am neutral here. But I'll tell you one thing. That was the best report I've read on any forum ever. Entertaining, informative, and just a good read. Good pics, exactly what folks look for on sites like this. Hell, I've been looking at this site for a while and I liked it so much I joined because of it.
fly n fish

Post by fly n fish »

Has the RTSO tournament committee ever issued a statement on this issue? By the way, the second place team is not the only one that would be impacted. If team #1 were to be disqualified (or step aside), wouldn't every team including the eleventh finisher move up in the money?