Eco Extreme Speaker Video Review

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

big bend gyrene

Eco Extreme Speaker Video Review

Post by big bend gyrene »

Think I've bragged twice now on the little Eco Extreme I picked up from Costco for use as a music speaker system on the boat (using my phone as the mp3 player). Pictured below is the speaker, just a bit bigger than your average paperback.

But own brother did a MUCH better job detailing how much he liked it after I got him one for his birthday... he did a video review for Amazon and I think it really shows how great it sounds for its size. Not a penny in it for me, just a product I love so much out on the boat think some others might enjoy it too! Can't beat the convenience and the sound for the reasonable cost. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :beer: :beer: :beer:

http://www.amazon.com/review/RQKE86GHQE ... r_rdp_perm
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
big bend gyrene

Re: Eco Extreme Speaker Video Review

Should have added that the local Tallahassee Costco doesn't USUALLY have them at the store but HAS HAD THEM THERE FOR ABOUT THE LAST MONTH. They had them at the door entry a week or so ago, but have now moved them over near the area where the tv section, eyeglass area, and printer sections meet.
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
charlie tuna

Post by charlie tuna »

And it has a first class gasketed seal to protect it from water and enough space for your electronic key and maybe a cell phone. It floats too.
Jhults11

Post by Jhults11 »

I fished with Salty Gator a few weeks ago and was impressed with how his Eco Extreme performed. Being the Costco fanatics, my wife and I picked one up on our next shop about a week later. I have used it 3x in about a month between offshore trips and beach trips and this thing is the "reel" deal. Awesome sound clarity, high highs and even has a little bit of bass :o ! I definitely suggest this 34.99 purchase at Costco if you don’t have a high dollar speaker system in your boat. Also, it is super convenient for day trips on the beach or even having a drink :beer: around the fire pit at night with friends :-D !
"Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing it's not the fish they are after." -Henry David Thoreau
Badbagger

Post by Badbagger »

Just read and watched video. Pretty sweet. Now that the boat is really close to being done, I'm thinking we'll pick one up.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

I'll just throw my 2 cents in. I like the box, protective and nice, but to me the speaker leaves a little to be desired. I have 2 other small speakers for the iPod and they both sound better than the Eco extreme. It gets the job done, but far inferior to a decent boat system. I'm using mine until I can get a new head unit. When I get a new unit, the Eco will go back to the jonboat or kayak. Overall I'm impressed w the case, but not blown away by the sound quality. I honestly think "the bullet" speaker as seen on tv sound better. I wasn't lucky enough to pay less than $45 for mine, but at $30 you could do worse.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
big bend gyrene

Salty Gator, just curious, are the other ipod speakers you're talking about waterproof?

I've used the eco extreme poolside and even floated it in the pool a time or two without a single drop making it in the housing. :thumbup: If anyone thinks I'm suggesting it as a comparable replacement for a MUCH more expensive multi-speaker boat system, they're mistaken... to the contrary, just think it sounds good for a SINGLE speaker system costing roughly $30 at Costco, that also serves to protect my phone on the water while at the same time allowing me to use it as my mp3 player. To Jhults11 comment, I often use it when sitting around the fire too, as well as when working in my garage. Have debated using other portable speakers but honestly haven't seen any that are as portable-friendly and waterproof for only 30 buckaroos.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Not waterproof BBG. I took them on the boat and put it in a cup holder on the top of the console. I got them as gifts before I got the Eco. I was expecting similar sound quality from the Eco and was just a little disappointed. We were driving to captiva 2 weeks ago and tried to use it in the car and it almost drove me crazy. Quickly switched to local fm radio. Don't get me wrong, I like it and use it in the yak and jonboat. And my wife picked another up a few weeks back. I guess I was hoping for / expecting a little better sound quality. And I'm far from a stereo snob. No subs in any of our vehicles or boats and only a small one for the house.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

I ordered one, so if they ain't no good, I am gonna come a hunting someone! :lol:
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Reel Addiction
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Addiction »

Thanks for posting this BBG. I am getting two. That is perfect for what I do. I wade fish a great deal and my wife loves to go to the beach. Perfect setup for that. I am not a member of Costco so does anyone know if they are sold any where else locally? I guess I can ask them for a trial shopping pass. Thanks for the information!
DAWG FAN

Post by DAWG FAN »

I ordered mine from Amazon. $36 with free shipping. Will be here in 3-4 days.
2012 Sea Fox 200XT-SOLD
2003 16' Sundance Skiff
2013 40 HP Mercury Bigfoot
2017 Sea Fox XTS Viper
2017 150hp Yamaha SHO
DukesFin

Post by DukesFin »

I've got one with me at all times on the kayak... LOVE IT! I've got one of those little iPod shuffles (about the size of a silver dollar) that plays the music. My car key-fob goes inside as well as my iPhone.

PERFECT for me on the yak!
fishing coach
Site Sponsor

Post by fishing coach »

Found a factory refurbed on Amazon or Ebay for $25 with free shipping. Should be here tomorrow. :)
RiverRunner

Post by RiverRunner »