Memorial Weekend Red

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

jslorenz3

Memorial Weekend Red

Post by jslorenz3 »

My dad came up to Tallahassee this weekend to do some fishing. I scouted some reds on Tuesday, and was hoping that I would be able to find them again.

Got to the lighthouse around 12:30 PM to find a packed parking lot. Tide was pretty high at the ramp. Worked our way out east and caught some lady fish and pigfish for cut bait. Picked up a few trout along the way. The East Flats had so many boats on them that you could've walked across the bows (not quite, but still a lot of boats).

Moved on in closer to shore as the tide started to fall at 3:00. Saw some red activity but the strikes are not aggressive. Not even the trout strike. Just kinda mouthing at the lures but not crushing them. Caught one nice 24" red on a piece of cut lady fish after seeing him follow my mirrolure all the way in.

Pulled out of the ramp at 8:30 with an extremely low tide and could barely get back to the ramp. Had to winch the boat all the way up the trailer, and it required the help of some other boaters pulling out. If any of you are on here and see this, we were in the green flats boat and we appreciate your help. Nice to have good people around to help push :D

Heading back out tomorrow to try again. Hopefully we beat the low tide back by a little more tomorrow evening.

Don't know how to post a picture, but got a nice one of the red, minus my dad's finger in the lens.
Scalp 'em Noles!
FSU Class of 2016
Civil Engineering Major
Rhettley
Site Sponsor

Re: Memorial Weekend Red

Post by Rhettley »

Set up an account on Photobucket and load the picture there. Click on the picture and on the right you'll see the img code. Copy that code and post it here.

St. Marks River Entrance, Florida
30.0783° N, 84.1783° W

2013-05-26 4:15 AM EDT 3.56 feet High Tide
2013-05-26 6:37 AM EDT Sunrise
2013-05-26 9:18 AM EDT 1.48 feet Low Tide
2013-05-26 3:14 PM EDT 4.31 feet High Tide
2013-05-26 8:30 PM EDT Sunset
2013-05-26 10:31 PM EDT -0.93 feet Low Tide
jslorenz3

Post by jslorenz3 »

Thanks Rhettley
Scalp 'em Noles!
FSU Class of 2016
Civil Engineering Major
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

Nice Red :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.