Cooler Seat Lift

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

DEMON
Site Sponsor

Cooler Seat Lift

Post by DEMON »

Finally got around to lifting my cooler seat up to a leaning post height. I made a cardboard pattern for the brackets and handed it over to Matt & Chad at Metal Fabrications of Tally. They built them for me out of 1/4" Aluminum and then powder coated them. Good work guys!
Attachments
100_0284.JPG
topheavy

Re: Cooler Seat Lift

Post by topheavy »

Very cool idea, more room for tackle too.
charlie tuna

Post by charlie tuna »

Put an angle across the back and it looks like it could stack four cases of beer under it! :-D
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Great idea. Do you have a pic showing the console? Think about how it line up with your windshield.
DEMON
Site Sponsor

Post by DEMON »

This boat is the first that I have had with a cooler seat. I have always preferred a leaning post. I like driving from a standing position but as I get older my feet prefer the sitting position. I was going to swap it out at one time but I didn't want to give up the space of the big cooler. I use mine for a live well (it's too big for drinks for just 2 people (I use an aerator pump in it and keep my fish alive so I don't have to deal with ice for my keepers).

I've seen lift brackets for sale but decided I might as well get mine made to the exact height that is comfortable for me. So I had mine custom made.The height is set where I can just sit on the edge of the seat with my feet just touching the deck or I can stand up and lean back on it. I also moved it back away from the console. It was always too close for me. When sitting, I'm now looking over top of the windshield.
Dockwilson
Site Sponsor

Post by Dockwilson »

DEMON wrote:Finally got around to lifting my cooler seat up to a leaning post height. I made a cardboard pattern for the brackets and handed it over to Matt & Chad at Metal Fabrications of Tally. They built them for me out of 1/4" Aluminum and then powder coated them. Good work guys!
That looks great! Exactly what I want. :thumbup: