Aqua dream spoon failure.. Problem solved

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Ranaman

Re: Aqua dream spoon failure

Post by Ranaman »

Welcome aboard Capt Mike! Speaks volumes of whos spoon I will purchase next! salute2
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

That is solid customer service. Thanks capt mike. Ill be contacting you soon.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
zload
Site Sponsor

Post by zload »

Have not had any problems with mine but that is an awesome response!

Any ideas as to the time frame of production that generated the problems?
2008 Key West 196 Bay Reef
2008 Yamaha 150
Skeeter-Bite
Site Sponsor

Post by Skeeter-Bite »

Thanks Captain Mike! You are a solid NFGFC Sponsor and we appreciate the straight forward professionalism you've taken to maintain your brand! We love products that help us feed our passions!
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Post by Harmsway »

Where's the "Like" button? :-D
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
charlie tuna

Post by charlie tuna »

I will be "on the lookout" for this product on my next trip to the tackle store ! Thanks for providing good customer service...
CastTheFlats

Post by CastTheFlats »

There is not a better go-to redfish lure on the market, no problems with any spoons I have this year. Support local!
Terrier

Post by Terrier »

Thanks for supporting your product! Also, really like the Cajun Slam spinnerbait.
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

As you can see from my avatar, I use ADL spoons. I swear by them. I have had one hook failure in the past (on a monster Trout). I wrote it off to excessive use and abuse from previous Red fish catches. I have had fish bend and dull the hooks, mangle the weed guard, and destroy the finish. I reshaped the hook, put a point on it, and straightened the weedguard and kept catching fish. They are my go to spoon for reds.
That being said, I am very pleased to see Capt. Mike stands behind his product. If I have any future problems I will contact him, but I will not be asking for replacement hooks for all my spoons. That might bankrupt him.
Happy hookin and tight lines,
FF
JeffB
Site Sponsor

Post by JeffB »

ADLCapt.Mike wrote:This has been a real nightmare for me guys. After years of using the same Mustad hooks now we're having this problem. I don't know if it's just one box but I'm not taking the chance. I've changed hook manufacturers. I'm expecting the new hooks 7/22/13 they are from VMC. My prostaff and myself have been testing them and have encountered no problems, plus they're sharper! PLEASE if you had a broken hook or just want to replace your hooks let me know! I will send you hooks at no charge. We make our spoons so the hook is replacable, it's more expensive for us but I think it's worth it. I will also send new weedguards and screws if you need them. Remember, I use these spoons too. Do you think I want my hook to break? You may message me on facebook or email me at mhakala@cfl.rr.com. Remember to enclose your address. Please pass the word, I stand behind my products 100%. Thanks for allowing me on your forum.
I've never really fished with spoons much. After reading this thread and Capt Mike's response, I'll be getting Aqua dream spoon's for my tackle box.
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Post by Harmsway »

JeffB wrote:
ADLCapt.Mike wrote:This has been a real nightmare for me guys. After years of using the same Mustad hooks now we're having this problem. I don't know if it's just one box but I'm not taking the chance. I've changed hook manufacturers. I'm expecting the new hooks 7/22/13 they are from VMC. My prostaff and myself have been testing them and have encountered no problems, plus they're sharper! PLEASE if you had a broken hook or just want to replace your hooks let me know! I will send you hooks at no charge. We make our spoons so the hook is replacable, it's more expensive for us but I think it's worth it. I will also send new weedguards and screws if you need them. Remember, I use these spoons too. Do you think I want my hook to break? You may message me on facebook or email me at mhakala@cfl.rr.com. Remember to enclose your address. Please pass the word, I stand behind my products 100%. Thanks for allowing me on your forum.
After reading this thread and Capt Mike's response, I'll be getting Aqua dream spoon's for my tackle box.
Terminal tackle is on sale at Kevin's this month. :shock:
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

Captain Mike also has jig heads, the best I've ever used and what I use!
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Post by Harmsway »

ggoodman

Post by ggoodman »

Good to see and hear Capt mike as I was just baout to order a batch of your spoons. just not sure which kit to get for my area.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

I meant to respond to this sooner, but stuff came up. I emailed capt mike with a pic of 10 adl spoons and within a week I had probably 2 dozen hooks, weed guards and screws. Awesome customer service. I just found a new spoon in a closet and replaced the hook for tomorrow. That's what brought it back to mind. I'll say it again, when running a business bad things out of your control WILL happen,it's how you handle those problems that separate the good from the great. I would encourage anyone with these spoons to replace the hooks since it is so easy. And anyone looking for a spoon that catches redfish( imho) better that any on the market, then pick up a pile of aqua dream spoons. Thanks again Capt Mike!!
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven