Lanark 7/26-7/27

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

ced0412

Lanark 7/26-7/27

Post by ced0412 »

Got to do a little solo sight fishing Fri & Sat, finally some clear skies. I was limited to fishing at dead low tide because the high tides were bringing in water that looked like black coffee. At low tide the water was like iced tea, but with the sun I could see well enough in 2 ft of water or less. Left the fly rods at home this time so I could do something a little different and maybe get some sheepshead and black drum, but still sight fish them.

Haven't seen this in a long time, I got too used to cloudy skies and whitecaps coming out of Carrabelle.

Decided I would do something I thought would be fun and use my ultra light spinner, it worked for this sheep.

The upper slot redfish I hooked afterwards was not so much fun, and eventually broke me off, lesson learned. Went back to the normal spinner and caught a few more reds and black drums.

Just a little guy

Usual size black drum.
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Re: Lanark 7/26-7/27

Post by mjsigns »

Great pictures and the water looks sooooo inviting (topwater-city) :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.
ced0412

Post by ced0412 »

mjsigns wrote:Great pictures and the water looks sooooo inviting (topwater-city) :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Yeah I caught a couple trout on top waiting for the clouds to burn off on Sat. A few too many lady fish to bother though.
robbankston
Site Sponsor

Post by robbankston »

:thumbup:
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week. -George S. Patton
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Nice. What kind of lure the sheep hit?
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

That looked inviting! Tell us more about the sheephead.

Thanks
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP