Poor weekend of fishing in appalach.

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Lawsup

Poor weekend of fishing in appalach.

Post by Lawsup »

I had poor luck to say the least.. drifted the west pass a few times, caught the regular old trash. Cats, blues,big spanish,sharks. NO TARPON again. Saw a few free jumping tho. Fished the dry bar and the grass flats off little st george with zero luck. Is anybody else cathing much or is the water just too dang muddy?
Pumpin'Gas
robbankston
Site Sponsor

Re: Poor weekend of fishing in appalach.

Post by robbankston »

I'd be happy to catch some of those blues, sharks, and big spanish at the moment.....
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week. -George S. Patton
Lawsup

Post by Lawsup »

A bad day of fishing beats a good day at work, as they say....I have caught fish over in this part of the bay before it just seems this year has been very dull. I was wondering if i had lost what little bit of luck i had or is it just the poor conditions.

When i say blues and mackerels i meal literally 1 of each.
Pumpin'Gas
ced0412

Post by ced0412 »

Lawsup wrote:Fished the dry bar and the grass flats off little st george with zero luck.
Was the water clarity on the grass flats as bad I think it would be?
Lawsup

Post by Lawsup »

Prolly worse. Strait coffee with creamer...
Pumpin'Gas
Fish Dawg

Post by Fish Dawg »

We go to St George Is almost every year in July or August, when it's HOT! We have taken our boat , fished in the surf with not much luck , but this year we did the best , fishing in the bay from the long dock where we were staying. We caught live pins and greenbacks with a cask net and fished at day break. We fished on the bottom with a 1 oz weight , 12" leader in 4-5 ft of water . We caught reds and trout . One of those trout was one of those controversial 25" Gator Trouts !! My son's girl friend caught it, her 1st trout ever and a big , fat one! I'll try and post a picture later. We enjoyed it that night "grilled". We had a blast!!
Bigdog
Site Sponsor

Post by Bigdog »

Fish dawg.....move the trout!!!! :lol: