Tally done got popular with the Sporting Stores

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: Tally done got popular with the Sporting Stores

Post by Salty Gator »

Golforfish? wrote:Looking forward to Dicks, i have been very underwhelmed with Academy. Will get the ad deals at Bass Pro but will still shop Kevin's and Crums. Probably check out Trader Joes. Have zero interest in the yuppies at Whole Foods.

Dicks really isn't any better than academy from the 4 Dicks stores that I've been into. Kevin's will still get all of my business unless I need a cooler latch or something else Kevin's doesn't carry. Ill bet their prices are lower than the box stores, especially for rods and reels. The box stores don't offer discounts to good customers. I haven't paid full price for any rods or reels that I have purchased from them. Shop local!!!
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
captkeyser
Site Sponsor

Post by captkeyser »

I will still shop at Kevin's hands down. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

Albany is getting a Gander Mountain. I didn't see that coming!
Team Jolly Mon
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

People with money are looking for way to invest. That could be one reason for all the new sporting good stories?

No matter how hard times get, people find money and ways to entertain themselves and to look good.
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

Salty Gator wrote:
Steve Stinson wrote:I think they must all use the same computer generated demographics to determine when and where to open a store. All of a sudden Tallahassee grows just enough to show up on the radar and we are over - run with sporting goods stores with little signs out front that say "Hybrid Vehicle Parking Only".....

Me, my fat wallet, and my fat, gas-sucking, lifted 4x4 will continue to shop Kevin's every time they carry what I am needing. Being a small business owner myself, I prefer to support the locals.

- Steve Stinson
Ha ha X 2 ( minus the fat wallet)
LOL X 3 (minus the "lifted", and substitute Victoy Red Avalanche") :-D
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.
fireant21
Site Sponsor

Post by fireant21 »

Didn't Dick's stop selling modern sporting rifles after Sandy Hook? Total cave to gun grabbers, not a dime of mine will go there.
lonesouth
Site Sponsor

Post by lonesouth »

fireant21 wrote:Didn't Dick's stop selling modern sporting rifles after Sandy Hook? Total cave to gun grabbers, not a dime of mine will go there.
Yup. Doubt my form will ever darken their doors...too many other options for me to give them even a plugged nickle.
850-273-8818
Squirm88

Post by Squirm88 »

fireant21 wrote:Didn't Dick's stop selling modern sporting rifles after Sandy Hook? Total cave to gun grabbers, not a dime of mine will go there.
X2 :thumbup:
Ranaman

Post by Ranaman »

Valdosta has had the Gander now for some time and I see that parking lot empty most of the time, Academy has things i can't find elsewhere in Valdosta like springs for my elctronics box, boating supply stuff, Rods and reels suck at both places, Gander has guns and its is a draw for some, not me. I do like the clothes and deals on them at academy, but wife finds those deals elsewhere. A while ago we went up to BPS in Macon when they first opened up and got some bucks for test driving a (New then) Tundra i really had a hard time finding anything i needed Kingfish rigs, 4x trebbles and such and went to the Academy there and got what i was looking for including some stuff I wasn't (clothes hats etc) because of prices. I don't shop Kevins becasue I just am not in Tally that often I like the store they have good "local" SALT waters selections that you will NOT find at Gander or Academy in Valdosta, i spoke with and employee at Gander about lack of saltwater tackel and it of course was a "box" store answer they put out what corporate tells them. Sad I said becasue you have an aweful lot of Saltwater anglers in town. I get what I need from Ms judy at Fishermans Paradise and she'll order me (save on shipping) just about anything I want even reels I know she woudln't carry, also Dave does the best job of putting Braid ona reel I've ever seen.

My thumbs up go to the local shops Kevins, FP, South Georgia outdoors! I'd rather order from tackle direct than give my money to the others or stop at Crum's on the way to Lanark and give Ronald my $. Oh and my Diesel Jetta gets better gas milage than almost all the hybrids and i know it will blow the doors off them all! salute1