Flint River

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

saltycrab

Flint River

Post by saltycrab »

School me on the Flint River out of Bainbridge. Dad and I plan to take the boat down to the Boat Basin and dunk the boat so that we can replace the bunk brackets on the trailer. Depending what the weather looks like, we may run it a mile or so up or down river to see how she runs out.

This is a 19ft Wellcraft center console. Any spots I should look out for, or just head on out to the middle and get on it? I know about the rocks past the sandbar, but we probably wouldn’t even venture as far as Reynolds sand bar.

Thanks! :thumbup:
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Re: Flint River

Post by Flint River Pirate »

It is very stained right now and high. The fish aren't doing much unless you move closer to the Lake. The river has been a mess from Bainbridge to Warwick this summer. This has been the worst summer of river fishing I have seen since the flood of 1998.
Team Jolly Mon
saltycrab

Post by saltycrab »

Probably won't even have a pole. Will just be the first time putting the boat and the water and just want to see how she runs. Being so high, is it safe for a newbie in the river to navigate it?

Wondering if I should just drive the extra miles to the fort and put in at St Marks? Like I said, not fishing, just getting the boat off of the trailer and seeing how she runs if weather permits after finishing up on the trailer.
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

It's a pretty ride, just a lot of floating debris. It is hard to see because the river is so muddy. Maybe my good buddy Barhopr will chime in, he is a river rat in Bainbridge.
Team Jolly Mon
bayrunner22

Post by bayrunner22 »

If you run south of the basin there are channel markers all the way to the dam shouldnt be to bad just watch for floating trash coming down the river
saltycrab

Post by saltycrab »

Do the channel markers start once out of the boat basin?
bayrunner22

Post by bayrunner22 »

give me a call 229-894-7163 can tell you better
saltycrab

Post by saltycrab »

Thanks, I will give you a shout when I leave work.
saltycrab

Post by saltycrab »

Thanks everyone for your help, especially bayrunner22 (Kyle). The boat did float and run, although now to get the carbs cleaned and all of the old gas out.

The Flint River in the area is beautiful, can't wait to get the boat settled and the river settle back down a bit to go and get some ride time in.

Before heading out: