Baiting Hogs?

For all your hunting related posts! If we get enough traffic here there will be other sub forums: Turkey Hunting, Deer Hunting, Duck Hunting...

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

bman

Baiting Hogs?

Post by bman »

Got a buddy with wild hogs on his property and we want some sausage :lick:

I've read some stuff about baiting with Koolaid, strawberry syrup, and even diesel fuel.

Any tips?
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Re: Baiting Hogs?

Post by MudDucker »

bman wrote:Got a buddy with wild hogs on his property and we want some sausage :lick:

I've read some stuff about baiting with Koolaid, strawberry syrup, and even diesel fuel.

Any tips?
Corn, sweet feed, corn with molasses, corn with acorns, corn on the cob oh yea and more corn. :-D
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
redbelly7

Post by redbelly7 »

What MudDucker said and hang out around some mud holes, which shouldn't be a problem this year.
Lighterknot

Post by Lighterknot »

Wrap a piece of carpet around a tree close to your stand site,drench carpet with burnt motor oil mixed with some diesel. Hogs can smell this from long distance and will rub on the carpet. Have seen a ditch around tree where hogs have walked around tree rubbing on the carpet. Bait with corn several yards away from carpet tree. Once they are established find their trails leading into the area and hang up some snares or build a live trap. and you will have all the sausage you will want to deal with. Come see johnstons locker plant in Monticello and buy some of their patented sausage seasoning mix. You will be glad you did ..much better than the leggs seasoning mix. If you decide to build a live trap feed hogs in trap until they are used to entering the trap. Once you have all your knives sharpened then set the trigger on the trap..
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

bman wrote:Got a buddy with wild hogs on his property and we want some sausage :lick:

Any tips?
Uhmmm... have you consulted with this buddy on gaining hunting rights? If not, also very curious who the "we" includes... and besides which, really??? You want to hurt poor lil' 'ol wilbur?! :smt010
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
robbankston
Site Sponsor

Post by robbankston »

Chootem!
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week. -George S. Patton