Love Bugs!

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Love Bugs!

Post by Redbelly »

Does PAM work? wWill it hurt your paint? What remedies do you guys have? :wink:
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Re: Love Bugs!

Post by DixieReb »

I wouldn't try Pam, that stuff turns into a rubbery glue after you spray it on. I almost ruined the paint on a van using it. Best is to clean them off as soon as you can. :-?
Yours in the South
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

Redbelly wrote:Does PAM work? wWill it hurt your paint? What remedies do you guys have? :wink:

Years back when they were bad in middle Florida (I mean bad, so bad they would stop up radiators on I-75 near Wildwood) I used vaseline. I would just rub it on the paint and around the windshield trim. I was traveling back and forth from Thomasville to Wildwood each week.

They would just hose right off. Never hurt the paint. I have not tried PAM...

Now, to get them off easier.....Go by some Rain-x washer fluid that has bug remover in it. Put it in a spray bottle and spray it on in the SHADE for about 10 or 15 minutes. They will come off so much easier.....

And of course, the little sponges with the net sewed on make the work faster also....

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
slowroller
Site Sponsor

Post by slowroller »

Wash em off with soap, water and a dryer sheet. :thumbup: :beer:
charlie tuna

Post by charlie tuna »

I have tried PAM and also the drier sheet --- neither worked for me. Like others have said, go after them as soon as possible with regular car soap and a rough terry towel.
guthooked
Site Sponsor

Post by guthooked »

I spray em down with wd40 on the truck bumper. Let it soak in shade for about ten minutes then wash them off with soap and water.
charlie tuna

Post by charlie tuna »

guthooked wrote:I spray em down with wd40 on the truck bumper. Let it soak in shade for about ten minutes then wash them off with soap and water.
Thanks for the tip Guthooked, i'm going to the store this morning to get some "Lovebugs" then try your system out :-D
JeffB
Site Sponsor

Post by JeffB »

DixieReb wrote:I wouldn't try Pam, that stuff turns into a rubbery glue after you spray it on. I almost ruined the paint on a van using it. Best is to clean them off as soon as you can. :-?
I can tell you from experience. Don't use Pam. The bugs will literally cook onto your car.
dolphinatic
Advertising Sponsor

Post by dolphinatic »

Go to Dollar General and get a 1 gallon jug of Purple Power for $5. Dilute it 10:1 with water. Wet the vehicle, spray bugs with purple, and wash with wool mit & soap. Hose off and drive on :thumbup:
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Proverbs 18:21

Team BevisRealty.com
Badbagger

Post by Badbagger »

X2 on Tom's post. I get home everyday and it takes about 3 minutes to keep the front of my truck looking NEW and it's an 04 but looks like the day it left the showroom. Get them off asap and you're fine.
Ifishtoo

Post by Ifishtoo »

After this past weekend, today is a great time to discuss "Love Bugs and Gators". Did you know the same bunch that self destructed during Saturday's football game with the Miami Hurricanes.................. also brought ALL of us "Love Bugs"????

Yes, this is a known fact. About the same time UF was developing Gatorade, they also unleashed Love Bugs on the South Eastern US. Nowadays, science calls them "An Invasive Species". Maybe some grid iron Saturdays in Sept are just karma?

Yes, that's how many folks in Tallahassee see it.

GO NOLES! GO AWAY LOVE BUGS!
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

Tried the WD40. it worked. Thanks :-D
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc