Aucilla 10/29

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

milto
Site Sponsor

Aucilla 10/29

Post by milto »

Myself, Bigphishie, & the big man went out yesterday. We put in at the Aucilla around 8am and on we were. It was chili in the morning and the water temp was reading around 63. We stopped at a creek mouth on the way out and boom, the big man hooks up with 16' trout. Gave it 5 there and off we were, this time stopping at a grass island out near the mouth, and again the big man slaps another keeper trout. gave it 5 there and we were off again heading to our preplanned stop. On the way there Pomano comes to a quick stop and says again lets give it 5. Then what do you know, its the big man on again, this time no trout... it was the DOORMAT flatty!!! This was all just the beginning to what turned out to be what you will call a HOT BITE!! Every stop we made we were catching keepers. From the flats (3-5's) to the creeks, they were biting. Not just trout, but reds, flounder, and we even caught a nice blue. They were biting almost everything we threw at them. from top water to jigs to spoons and the occasional suspending bait. What was really impressive was the water clarity. In some areas, you could see 4-5 and others only 2-3. Most of our luck was in the clearer water. Threw back several over 20" trout, and several short reds. We started heading back to the dock around 2:30 and finished with the haul in the picture below.

Untitled by sugarfoot095, on Flickrr
Rhettley
Site Sponsor

Re: Aucilla 10/29

Post by Rhettley »

It's been a while since I've had an inshore day like that! All mine this year involved wind, rain, and muddy water or the two days out of Lanark that was nice and clear I couldn't buy a bite except for sharks. Yall did good! Looks like some good eating is gonna be going on.
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

Awesome catch!! So glad to see the area starting to come alive again, I'm gonna hit it next weekend. I have a big game to go to this weekend, GO NOLES!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
lizbeth
Site Sponsor

Post by lizbeth »

Awsome Catch ! GO NOLES !!
Pirate Girl
bigphishy

Post by bigphishy »

overall great report! i had the pleasure of sight casting one of those reds and jimmy had to one up me by sight casting a flounder he spotted wich was only a few feet from the boat. if any of you guys get a chance to get on the water, don't pass it up. the fishing doesn't get much better than this!
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

yall had a fine day! :thumbup:

Seems like the fronts are weekend warriors like me. Wind and temp drops this saturday.
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
breeze

Post by breeze »

My brother, that looks like one sweet trip!! Well done! :thumbup:
'If you don't know where you're goin', you could end up anywhere.'
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

got out there with BigPhishy on Wednesday... just absolutely silly how much drag was screamin' that day.

Tough to find trout under 19.5" and great 22-26.9999" reds all over the place. A couple flatties mixed in and then doing some runnin' and gunnin' towards the baitschools just getting CRUSHHHHHHHHHHHED by what ol' Pompano Georgio discovered via topwater to be some aggressive spannie macks!!!

Wind started out of the east around 5-7kts, turned north later in the day. unbelievably gorgeous day on the water.

Brought home a 26.9999" red and two troutskiis. That red blackened up nicely.

Got a great ballyhoo/lizard fish trout attack story for a bit later, as well.
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image