Good day

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Good day

Post by onefishtwofish »

The Lighthouse was closed, so instead of launching there and heading east, we launched at Aucilla and headed west. Looked like a lot of folks did the same thing. We headed to our creek that we like to fish, much slower due to rocks in Aucilla. Took about twice as long. We found a few trout and some rats outside of the creek and when the tide went slack the bite did too. Went to a deep hole that had produced in the past. Found some trout and then the reds showed up. caught 16" to 17 3/4" as fast as we could reel them in for about 45 minutes until we lost the school. had a blast even though none of them made the ride home. had a few spit the hook that felt bigger, but that always seems to happen. Caught everything on artific1als. Very light bite, most on the fall on slow working jerk bait on jig head. Wound up with 5 trout, 1 just short flounder and a bunch of short reds. They were way up the creek!
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
woopty
Site Sponsor

Re: Good day

Post by woopty »

Thanks for the report...
Why was the lighthouse closed?
"You got time to breathe, you got time fur music..."
...Briscoe Darling Jr.

JB
http://zydecozoo.com
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

:thumbup: :thumbup:
Rhettley
Site Sponsor

Post by Rhettley »

Nice fishing report. I'm wondering too why the Lighthouse ramp is closed.
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

Dunno, the sign said closed Dec 3 and 4th. No reason. I would guess It had to do with the extremely low tide. Must have been working on the ramp would be my guess. Can't imagine what needs to be done.
bigphishy

Post by bigphishy »

we fished out of the lighthouse on monday and went to some creeks between there and aucilla and had a "good day" as well. 5 or 6 reds only one being a keeper, one short flatty and a bunch of quality trout.... anyways on monday half of the ramp was closed. they were spraying some kind of black stuff all over the asphault. not sure what it was but it made the parking lot look like it was brand new. when we were there they had the right side of the ramp and the side parking lot all sprayed and blocked off. should look nice when its all finished.
and on a side note i would like to say a quick thanks to douglas tran. we ran in to him sunday and his advice on thowing the mirrodine was the key to our success with the trout.
Hollywood
Site Sponsor

Post by Hollywood »

What color were you using if you don't mind me asking ?
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

All light colors. Mostly white, some shad, some new penny that were mostly white. Some gulp, some plastic. We settled on white, but I think it had more to do with the tide and the location than anything. I think it just happened when we found the trout in one spot and the reds in another that we had white on. So we went with it. Had white jerk shad on when the reds were hitting and broke off on a rock or oyster. Switched to another pole with light colored plastic and still caught until the school moved off.
grasscarp

Post by grasscarp »

Nice report. Aucilla is a great fishery