hog hunting

For all your hunting related posts! If we get enough traffic here there will be other sub forums: Turkey Hunting, Deer Hunting, Duck Hunting...

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hiljun

hog hunting

Post by Hiljun »

Well Dec. 26 starts the small game season and with that we can hunt hogs on the St. Marks refuge. I talked to the officer working the are a few weeks ago and got all the does and don'ts. I have seen hogs many times and have two spots I am sure will produce. Know before I tell you what I saw yesterday let me say I grew up on a farm I raised hogs to eat and showed hogs at the fair. I know hogs very well and can say with a great degree of certainty that the bore I saw yesterday was pushing 500#. He had four or five sows with him that would go about 250#. So is anyone willing and able to kill some hogs Thursday? I have to go out of town Friday and wife works Saturday which means I am home with the kids or using them for bait while shes gone. No that won't work there meaner than the hogs.
redbelly7

Re: hog hunting

Post by redbelly7 »

Will you be hunting the hogs w/ dogs? and hold them down and stick a knife in them? Or do you just shoot them w/a gun, like deer hunting?
bman

Post by bman »

Ive got a buddy with land that backs to the refuge... a little corn with Jello or strawberry syrup and they are an easy target.
Going to get one after duck season ;-)
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
Hiljun

Post by Hiljun »

Redbelly7 dogs are not allowed unless on a leash so you either have to jump out of a tree and stick'em or just shoot them.

Bman their must be something wrong with this site because your contact info and invite are missing. :smt006

They have been rooting up the empty lots across from my house. If I can find out who owns them that would be a quick hunting trip.