fishing st.joe bay???

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

blind9

fishing st.joe bay???

Post by blind9 »

Anybody got any advice for fishisg the bay for trout redfish this time of the year? I've heard its tough. Maybe Intercoastal?
Charlie P
Site Sponsor

Re: fishing st.joe bay???

Post by Charlie P »

I would try the Intercoastal, wish I had today. We fished 4 hours from Blacks Island to Eagle harbor with nothing but a few Blue's and Ladyfish.
blind9

Post by blind9 »

Thanks Charlie P. Plan on trying intercoastal tomorrow.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Looking forward for that intercoastal report. One of my favorite winter spots.
dombern34
Site Sponsor

Post by dombern34 »

put in at Indian pass campgrounds and go up to big bayou (on the right, watch your gps) , the redfish have been pretty thick in there lately.
blind9

Post by blind9 »

Familiar with Indian Pass but not quite sure on big bayou???
blind9

Post by blind9 »

Intercoastal was slow.....Very Slow ... 4 trout only 1 a keeper ( which we didn't) lots of ladies!! Didn't go up to T would love to hear from someone who has. Guys I talked to on water were say slow for them also.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Did you have much current? Usually that makes a huge difference.
blind9

Post by blind9 »

Hammer we got there about lunch and yea the current was OK then and that is when we caught the fish. This is only my second time fishing the canal so about the time we caught those fish the current died. So yea the current really does make the difference. Heading back now to give it another shot.
dombern34
Site Sponsor

Post by dombern34 »

Blind- i drew you a map, there is probably other places to fish in the pass but this is the only place i know that was an everyday go to spot and still is.

The red circle is where you would put in at9 Indian pass (campground) follow the red lines it's the first cut in to the right. Black drum where stacked in there last time as well. Stay to the left of the white poles.

Have a safe and Happy New Year :thumbup:
Attachments
big bayou.png
blind9

Post by blind9 »

Hey thanks D'34 for the info and all the trouble of the map! Got to head back home tomorrow but maybe they will still be there in a week or two when I get to come back! Plans got screwed up today and didn't get to make it to the water. Thanks again!!
Ifishtoo

Post by Ifishtoo »

Port St Joe fisherman, if any of you fellas ever have an empty seat, I'd love getting hooked up with you. Send me a private message.

I'm 62 recently retired, boatless these days, and recently moved 70mi north of the Port St Joe area. We love it here in the woods, but I've yet to find a saltwater fisherman.

I'm always ready to contribute $50-100 towards the expenses of a trip. If there are lodging expenses, I'll also be happy to contribute. Not super competitive, always enjoy seeing someone catch a box of fish: trout. reds, drum, speephead, blues, mackerel, you name it. If I can help catch/clean a box of fish, that's terrific! I've fished Florida's coastal waters since I was a kid. I've owned many boats. My few old fishing buds are now over 200 miles away from Port St Joe.

Also, I have put together an unpublished list of nature bottom, offshore of Indian Pass. This time of year, there are lots of nice black sea bass down there on some of that good bottom. That bottom will still be there.......... when the weather improves. LOL
dombern34
Site Sponsor

Post by dombern34 »

blind9 wrote:Hey thanks D'34 for the info and all the trouble of the map! Got to head back home tomorrow but maybe they will still be there in a week or two when I get to come back! Plans got screwed up today and didn't get to make it to the water. Thanks again!!

absolutely no problem at all, its shallow but you can troll anywhere you see water just be careful trying to back on plane in there. be careful in that pass, stay in the middle until you see the bayou on the right. DO NOT any cut corners.

have fun and report back how you did :thumbup: