An introduction

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Danibeth

An introduction

Post by Danibeth »

Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen,

I figured I'd introduce myself here. My name is Danibeth and I"ll be moving to Tallahassee come early May for my job. I'm sure my work wouldn't like to hear this but I don't live to work. I most definitely work to LIVE. I love to hunt (primarily birds but definitely rabbits) and fish (am a huge fan of piddle fishing and big fish fishing...if it's a fish and it's on my line I'm a happy girl). Barry got me looking at this website after spending the day with him looking for a place to live. Great guy. And this place looks like a great place to hang out from what I've seen. I know that some folk here probably have seen me on a few other websites but it's still nice to introduce myself. So here it goes:

I've been fishing all my life thanks to my dad, primarily bluegill fishing. My best friend got me started in fishing salt water about 9 years ago and I love me some redfishing and snook fishing.

I've really gotten into flats fishing for tailing reds here in jacksonville. I've got a canoe that I take out and chase those bad boys in. I sure hope there's flats fishing out on the west coast.

I started hunting ducks, snipe and marsh hen in high school thanks to my swim coach. As a result of my duck hunting addiction starting in high school, when I graduated college, my gift to myself was taking myself to Argentina. I've been twice and what a blast that was.

I really got hooked on rabbit hunting while in Argentina and shooting European Hare while upland hunting.

I've hunted the fields in Manitoba.

I've hunted Nova Scotia out of Nova Scotia Duck Tubs in the ocean for eiders and scoters. There's not much else that can make you feel infinitely small than sitting in a box, IN the ocean, the island behind you the last point of land and everything east of you water until you hit France, moving up and down with the swell and all you see is ocean. A truly neat hunt.

I've hunted the Puget Sound for scoters and plan to go back this season for my harlequin.

A professor in college got me started in turkey hunting. After the one and only hunt I went on with him, I was on my own from there. It was four years before I got another bird but I finally managed to do so and what a sweet bird he was. But he certainly wasn't my last

Which has taken me across the country to hunt in WA for Merriams and Rios with friends. So I've managed my "slam" already, though I've killed 8 gobblers in my life.

My best friend has gotten me into upland hunting which if I lived out west that is what I'd chase more than ducks: upland birds.

This past fall my "adventure" for the year was a trip to see the polar bears and other wildlife in Churchill Manitoba. AMAZING.

If you haven't noticed yet, I sure enjoy traveling and the outdoors. I am happy to share great adventures with great friends. This new move I'm sure will bring about new adventures and new places to learn to fish and hunt. New friends to meet. I look forward to participating on this board...

Danibeth
slowroller
Site Sponsor

Re: An introduction

Post by slowroller »

Welcome.Nice fish and birds!! :smt006 :beer: :beer:
milto
Site Sponsor

Post by milto »

:thumbup: :thumbup: Those are some great photos!! Welcome to the area.
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

Welcome! Most of the first posts we get from new members is to sell something. What a great way to introduce yourself. This is a great group, we are glad to have you.
Team Jolly Mon
Rhettley
Site Sponsor

Post by Rhettley »

Great pictures and adventures! Welcome to our laid back area.
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

WELCOME ABOARD, YOU REMIND ME OF MY DAUGHTER, WHICH IS GREAT. THEY TELL ME I AM THE OLD MAN OF THE SEA AROUND THESE PARTS SINCE I TURNED THE 90 MARK SEVERAL YEARS AGO, STILL LOVE TO GET OUT AND FISH WHEN I AM ABLE, YOU WILL ENJOY THIS BUNCH OF YAHOOS ON THIS FORUM.
PA, THE OLD MAN OF THE SEA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

Welcome, It is nice to meet such an accomplished angler/hunter. I hope you pack your sense of humor when you move here, you might need it if you plan on participating on this forum. :smt006
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Ok, I'm officially jealous. You have hit quite a few points of my bucket list! Welcome aboard!
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Welcome aboard. Excellent photography and some great adventures. You'll certainly enjoy our little slice of paradise with your interests.
DEMON
Site Sponsor

Post by DEMON »

Welcome aboard. NIce introduction. Some good folks on this forum.
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Danibeth from UplandJournal?

You've seen some my fishing adventures and my dad's trips to our area. Welcome!
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
Danibeth

Post by Danibeth »

Flint River Pirate wrote:Welcome! Most of the first posts we get from new members is to sell something.
Weeeeeellllllll I am moving so I'm sure I'll have stuff to sell :-D

Thanks guys for the welcome. The pictures mostly are taken by my friend Steve, though he did loan me his equipment for the polar bear trip.

And YUP....Danibeth from UJ....I'm hoping to learn to find some timberdoodles while I'm out that way. I've come across them while turkey hunting and scouting in the spring but I'd love to be able to hunt the little buggers. I chased one around the woods while scouting one day and they sure look like they'd be fun shooting.
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

Wow, Danlbeth - you got us all excited! I'll be looking forward to reading your adventurous stories!

Sounds like you can do it all.

Thanks for adding a little excitement to the forum. Even woke up Pa!
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Danibeth wrote: Thanks guys for the welcome. The pictures mostly are taken by my friend Steve, though he did loan me his equipment for the polar bear trip.
You just crushed the hearts of several single male forum members with that bit of information. :wink:
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

First off, welcome to the board! HECK of a first post for sure! :thumbup:
Danibeth wrote:Barry got me looking at this website after spending the day with him looking for a place to live. Great guy.
Danibeth wrote:I've really gotten into flats fishing for tailing reds here in jacksonville. I've got a canoe that I take out and chase those bad boys in. I sure hope there's flats fishing out on the west coast.
As for Barry, he IS a good guy... but his memory must be starting to slip as he ages! Say that because I don't think he's shown you a home that's located out in God's country a few miles east of Tallahassee that puts you less than 20 minutes from Tallahassee, lands you in prime hunting territory, and gives you a traffic free drive down to the Econfina River, a redfish rich site if ever there was one. :smt045 Deal probably could even be arranged with the owner of that home to be put on some quality cobia fishing, solid bass and bluegill fishing, as well as deer hunting on a nearby property overrun with 'em. :-)

Shoot... made over 1,000 posts and here I am the one guilty of trying to sale something! ;-) With that shared, awesome, awesome, AWESOME first post. :beer:
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945