Saltwater Sportsman Seminar Series! VIP

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Ranaman

Saltwater Sportsman Seminar Series! VIP

Post by Ranaman »

http://www.nationalseminarseries.com/

Have to say if you can't go fishing this is the next best thing fishing wise! We attended a a couple years back in Savannah and it was really a good time. This year it's in Ponte Vedra, FL and I'm really looking forward to it because I scored us VIP passes!! WooHOO! Get to go hang out George Poveromo and the other pros captains! Eat lunch with them and hang out in the "green" room what ever that is :)Also Dr. Roffer the guy behind the Roff's fishing forecast charts will be there too and as I'm an environmental geographer that's pretty cool for me! Hope to post up some picture and write up next week!! all those who are lucky enough to actually fish good luck!! -Joe :smt006
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: Saltwater Sportsman Seminar Series! VIP

Post by silverking »

Congrats on scoring the VIP passes, Joe. I have co-hosted with George at a couple Gulf locations in the past and his seminar series really helps shorten the learning curve. Lot of great instructors and guides who really know their stuff, including George, Capt. Harry Vernon and Dr. Mitch. The SWS seminars served as a template for the Flats Pro Seminars we host every year in St. Marks.

Have fun!
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

:-D Sounds cool. Make sure and bring back that Mako proskiff. :-D
Ranaman

Post by Ranaman »

Thanks SilverKing, :thumbup:
and Greg I wish!! Heck i'd just be happy to win One thing in the giveaways the goodie bag they give you is nice, but they give away some nice tackle too!!
Danibeth

Post by Danibeth »

Well cool. Have fun. Too bad it isnt next weekend since Strike Zone is having a big tent sale and they usually have some great prices. Look forward to hearing how the seminar went
Rhettley
Site Sponsor

Post by Rhettley »

Sounds like a great weekend!
Ranaman

Post by Ranaman »

Super deal to be backstage and see how everything works at these shows George is pulled lots of different directions but because we were able to come and go from the back I was able to speak to him for about 10 minutes after the first round of onstage discussions. They made us feel right at home, we had coffee and breakfast when we got there and they feed us lunch and then spent our lunch hour chatting it up with Bob McNally, Harry Vernon III, Dr Roffer and Dave Workman Jr, whose wife BTW mad some out of this world carrot cake! The Bucket of goodies was great and I was fortunate enough to get called up for a handful of giveaway lures and hooks :thumbup: Can't say enough good things about the crew and captains that were there. there is reason they've been at this 27 years!

MarkM

Post by MarkM »

Way To Go, JOE!!!