Hickory Mound/Aucilla 4/6

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Xpress

Hickory Mound/Aucilla 4/6

Post by Xpress »

Put in at Ecofina at 8am ran out toward Rock Island/Hickory Mound Area started fishing high tide going to a low. It was steady but not a barn burner. Located fish in about 4.0ft to 4.8 ft of water. Put 7 keepers in box from 8:30 till about 1:30. Made the decision since the water was not choppy to make a run to Aucilla. By this time we were moving from a low back to a high tide which is what I like to fish. Set up just east of the marker pole in the same depth of water 4.0ft to 4.8ft. Caught a few shorts here and there nothing crazy. Then about 3:00 we ran out to set up another drift. We started fishing and it was like the gates had come open we put 8 keepers in the box in 45 minutes finishing out our 3 man limit at around 4pm. All 8 fish were 17" to 20" all big fish. Which that is why I like Aucilla fish seem bigger. All fish were pretty much caught on gulps new penny and chartreuse either bouncing slow off bottom or on cajun thunder. Weather was great sunny and cool just right which was crazy because it was flooding at the house. Great day on the water. I'll be back Thursday. :D
Slough
Site Sponsor

Re: Hickory Mound/Aucilla 4/6

Post by Slough »

:thumbup: :beer:
LAWRENCE AUTOMOTIVE-LAWRENCE AUTO PARTS
BIG SLOUGH KENNELS
2true

Post by 2true »

Nice day on the water!
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

I like it when it come together like that! A good day. Thanks for posting.
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

:thumbup: :thumbup:
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

Figures that they start biting AFTER the 3:30 weigh in time for the NFGFC Tournament. This explains Jumptrout's stringer of fish...