Near Off Shore St Marks 4-27-14

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

fishforfun

Near Off Shore St Marks 4-27-14

Post by fishforfun »

Saturday was beautiful, near calm seas all day till I came in around 4pm. Late afternoon 'sea breeze' showed up again making it choppy near shore as I came into the channel area. I fished in the 25 or so ft. depth in state waters areas south of the last buoy with lots of action on shrimp and cut bait. Lost of grunts, some were pretty big; caught two nice 18 inch sheepshead, and five too small gags, largest was 18inches. Had several break offs, using a 50lb flouro leader, those must have been the keepers?

Water was dark but had about 10 ft of visibility. There was a good bit of bait fish on the surface, swimming calmly with no big fish attacking. No kings seen jumping, no cobia, no Spanish.

Interestingly, I had a visit from the FWC while out there. I was fishing alone at a public reef when they approached. Very courteous, professional. Wanted to see if my flares were up to date, registration, and of course the fish. No problems with me. FFF
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Re: Near Off Shore St Marks 4-27-14

Post by SS-342 »

Sounds like you had a good day. Thanks for the report.
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
Slough
Site Sponsor

Re: Near Off Shore St Marks 4-27-14

Post by Slough »

:thumbup:
LAWRENCE AUTOMOTIVE-LAWRENCE AUTO PARTS
BIG SLOUGH KENNELS