Lanark 5\18

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Troutinator

Lanark 5\18

Post by Troutinator »

Well after waking up this morning and asking Nathan what he wanted to do I could just not refuse when he said "Daddy Let's Go Fishing".
So we headed out again, this time with drain plug in. Fished out of Lanark again and water and temps were the same. after a few pinfish again, we headed to another spot and nothing came out of there. Nathan made the choice to move and picked a spot on the Garmin and said "daddy lets go there". We did.
fished in 6-8 feet at the end of the sand bar with a couple of pinfish out the back anchored up and shrimp under corks. the blue fish started hitting and my boy got his first fish of the day.
after a couple of short trout here came the next one for him
Spanish, then the trout started hitting as well with his big one of the day
again all fish were let go to grow old.

after a catfish, another trout, and another mackerel, we started getting hit on the pinfish with another trout over 18 inches.
and the big blue for the day at over 20 inches

My boy was awesome after catching so many different kinds of fish in one outing, and his highlight of the day was when his little shakespeare rod with 10 pound test with a shrimp and cork started to bend over. cork went under and he says "daddy its a big one". line went under three other lines around the motor and towards the front of the boat. I realized this was not a little fish when the Cobia jumped not two feet from the boat, went back around the motor, back under three lines and with my boy hanging on and doing all he could to keep this one on the line. One more jump and as he put it "it's the biggest fish ever daddy" he was gone. He was not even disappointed at all, just heard him say "dad I need another shrimp".
I could not have fought that fish any better than what he tried to do to get that fish in. He was awesome. That spot is now marked and we will be going back.

I never knew how rewarding being a dad could be, and thank that one that took the time with me to do all we did together. Dad you are always there with me even you are not with us now. I look back to all those days with a heartfelt "thank you". Dad I love and miss you.
He who loses control, Loses!
kikstand454

Re: Lanark 5\18

Post by kikstand454 »

Absolutely perfect report man! It just doesn't get any better than this!

Congrats on the amazing day!

~~Dave
ontiltttttt

Post by ontiltttttt »

I hope my kid is as cool as that someday :thumbup:
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

You can't teach a child to fish if you don't take them fishing. Seems you are well on the way to having a great fisherman in your family. Yep, it is times like that when we miss those who have "gone on before" the most. It happens to me all the time and it has been thirty four years without my dad.

Great report! Thanks for sharing.
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
Slough
Site Sponsor

Post by Slough »

:thumbup: :beer: :thumbup: Great report!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LAWRENCE AUTOMOTIVE-LAWRENCE AUTO PARTS
BIG SLOUGH KENNELS
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Post by Harmsway »

Attaboy!
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
leonreno

Post by leonreno »

Awesome report, sounds like that boy is a fine fisherman. Want be long before he's taking you fishing :)
zload
Site Sponsor

Post by zload »

Great report! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
2008 Key West 196 Bay Reef
2008 Yamaha 150
DEMON
Site Sponsor

Post by DEMON »

I was going to post a Lanark report for 5/18 but your day was the same as mine, minus the cobia bite so lets just double this report. It sure was a beautiful day.
gatorgirl1

Post by gatorgirl1 »

Way to go Dad!! your post gave me goosebumps!!
hmaadd29

Post by hmaadd29 »

That's awesome. How old is your son? Mine is 3 and I plan on taking him out for the first time this year.

You see any big silvery fish out there yet?
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

Those are the best trips:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tallykenj
Site Sponsor

Post by tallykenj »

Love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
The Back Porch
Troutinator

Post by Troutinator »

My boy is 4 now and has been fishing with me since he was really little. really got into fishing last year more than ever. as for the silver kings we did not see any, but the water was still pretty strong tea like in color so seeing into the water was limited.
He who loses control, Loses!
Ifishtoo

Post by Ifishtoo »

So glad to see the seeds that you are planting. I hope he will always prefer those fishing trips to video games & texting LOL! So many kids never get the chance to experience the real world. Thanks Troutinator, great post & pics.