Fathers Retirement Trip?

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

clinchmtnboy

Fathers Retirement Trip?

Post by clinchmtnboy »

I am planning my fathers retirement trip. We have fished the keys and the space coast the last few years. I have been reading and looking at the area and I just love the looks of the area. I am looking at the St. Marks/ alligator area. Just wandering how our 1860 lowe welded jon will be suited to the area. Are we going to be able to get around or are we going to be at the mercy of the wind. The boat is always heavily loaded which helps with the beating. Thanks in advance!

Mark in Tennessee
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Re: Fathers Retirement Trip?

Post by MudDucker »

clinchmtnboy wrote:I am planning my fathers retirement trip. We have fished the keys and the space coast the last few years. I have been reading and looking at the area and I just love the looks of the area. I am looking at the St. Marks/ alligator area. Just wandering how our 1860 lowe welded jon will be suited to the area. Are we going to be able to get around or are we going to be at the mercy of the wind. The boat is always heavily loaded which helps with the beating. Thanks in advance!

Mark in Tennessee
Should be fine. A lot of folks fish out of that boat in the area. Just be careful in the St. Marks area and back to the east to Aucilla of the rocks.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
bman

Post by bman »

Thats plenty of boat for clam days... I started out of a 15foot john ;-)

Since its a celebration it may be good to get a guide for a day just to get the lay of the land.

Keep reading here and let us know when your coming. Will try to point you in the right direction.
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
clinchmtnboy

Post by clinchmtnboy »

Thanks for the information. Im excited about the area. It seems beautiful and off the path.
Hiljun

Post by Hiljun »

I fish out of a 1542 allweld and have not had any trouble.