READ THIS!!!!

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

SeminoleDave

READ THIS!!!!

Post by SeminoleDave »

To anyone who could possibly help,

I'm relatively new to the area up here and I am writing this on a whim. Having been accustomed to fishing the Sarasota/ Tampa Bay Area always from a boat, it's very restricting to only be able to wade. If anyone needs a fishing buddy, let me know! I was born into a boat manufacturing family and have spent every free minute back home fishing and have acted as a deck hand for a couple charter fits down south. I know my way around a boat and have experience with cast nets. The only thing I don't have is a local connection. By no means am I an expert at fishing and definitely don't know the area as well as I would like. If anyone ever wants a fishing buddy who is more than happy to pitch in for gas and knows how to not get in the way, let me know! I have waded the Bald point to Alligator Harbor area and have had good luck the last two trips landing 4 specs, 2 puppy drum, 2 max slot size reds, and 2 small sharks. Like I said before, only being able to wade doesn't allow me to be where I want to be fishing as I've had to watch monsterous reds tear up bait just outside of casting and wading reach. I can be a very beneficial person to know for boating manufacturing/repair materials (i.e. especially sanding/ buffing materials and compounds), I just need a friend to go fishing with.

Thanks again

divc2815@gmail.com
niceShoot

Re: READ THIS!!!!

Post by niceShoot »

Welcome to the area! Just a quick caution as someone is always sure to point it out...be careful wading the Bald Point area, especially if you've got a stringer. Big 10ft+ gators roam those salt flats and are not shy about introducing themselves!
SeminoleDave

Post by SeminoleDave »

Thanks for the heads up, I usually only catch and release anyway but I had no idea to look out for them lol. My first trip out to Bald Point I had a brush in with about a 4.5-5 ft bull shark chasing my mirrodine. Luckliy it tore off after it decided it didn't want to bite but a decent scare nonetheless.

Out of curiosity, Is there any things to watch out for when wading in Alligator Harbor? I had a lot of success in the area I was there with specs and a nice bull red but the only thing I was really looking out for was sharks and not stepping on a ray.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

There are a ton of bull sharks in the harbor. You should be ok as long as you don't have a stringer or fish bag and no bait in your pocket. But I won't wade there
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
kikstand454

Post by kikstand454 »

Welcome to the board!
Good luck on your buddy search there are lots of super experienced folks on here!
I have to tell ya though, you sir, sound like a great candidate for a kayak. Just an option/ oppinion.

Good luck!

~~Dave
spoton
Site Sponsor

Post by spoton »

A good way to learn a lot and network with fellow inshore anglers is to join the North Florida Gulf Fishing Club.
http://www.nfgfc.org/
Meetings first Thursday of each month at Beef O'Bradys on Thomasville road, and a monthly trout tournament usually the following Saturday. You can usually find a ride with a club member out of that also.
SeminoleDave

Post by SeminoleDave »

Thank you! That reply is the exact reason I posted this topic.
SeminoleDave

Post by SeminoleDave »

I agree kikstand and I am currently saving for one and it seems the good ones don't go cheap so on this college budget it's probably going to be awhile before I can do that...
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

kikstand454 wrote:Welcome to the board!
Good luck on your buddy search there are lots of super experienced folks on here!
I have to tell ya though, you sir, sound like a great candidate for a kayak. Just an option/ oppinion.

Good luck!

~~Dave
I believe this might be the best advice. Look for a good used one.

Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to reading some interesting, exciting and productive fishing reports.

Sounds like you just might be a keeper!
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
cheesecrakr

Post by cheesecrakr »

I'm from Tampa bay as well... St. Pete to be exact. I moved to thomasville Ga and travel down to the area anywhere from econfina to panama city to fish. I just recently joined this board to get fishing reports and maybe learn a little more about the area. I was using a 12 foot jon boat with a 6hp johnson until I finally decided enough was enough and bought a 16foot aluminum console steer with a 40 yammie on it. Much better. I haven't used a cast net since I was a kid, but those mullet and shrimp in the area have got me to thinkin'. I need to get one and practice throwing it... not sure I remember how. I'd offer to take you with me on a trip or two, but as soon as my wife sees me eyballin the boat, she's putting her fishing hat on!